If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our angel has his wings...

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

randsean Find out more about randsean
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our angel has his wings...

Last night from the sky high above, our street could be seen as it was lit with over 900 candles. Every neighbor from around came to us to express their sorrow and remind us of how lucky we were to have Tyler in our lives. The newspaper even wrote an article and put a picture in the paper. The kids promised to place new candles each night until Tyler is laid to rest on Saturday morning.

These links may not work for more than today:

http://www.bristolpress.com/articles...4103816140.txt

http://www.bristolpress.com/obituaries/

http://www.legacy.com/HartfordCouran...onId=120898252

http://www.legacy.com/HartfordCouran...onId=120898252
    Last edited by randsean; 12-03-2008, 07:01 AM. Reason: (add links)
    5 1/2 year old Tyler w/ HCM dx. on 12/8/05 died suddenly in his sleep on 12/2/08.
    7 1/2 year old Katie w/ HCM dx. on 12/18/08, rec'd AICD, replaced on 2/19/09 w/ new lead.

Re: Our angel has his wings...

Sean,
    Thank you for sharing the links. We all seem to cling to any snippit of information during such a heartbreaking time.
    Prayers of peace,
    Theresa
    Philippians 4:4-9; Wife, & 39 yo Mom to 9 year old son and 6 year old son/daughter twins; Diagnosed with HoCM 1999; Cleveland Clinic Myectomy and ICD, January 2006.

Comment

Sean.

Thanks so much for inviting us into your grief journey and sharing these precious memories of Tyler.

Peace,

Leon
      God Squad co-moderator
      Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

The candles were lit for your beautiful son on his journey here in the Pacific Northwest as well-

Our thoughts are with you-

Halina's mom (7 year old with HCM)

Comment

What a beautiful boy! I was so moved by the neighborhood lighting. I hope it helps ease your grief a little. We will continue to think of you each day.
          My son James, Age 18, diagnosed in January, 05. AICD - 4/5/05 at Tufts NEMC. Myectomy -1/25/06 at NEMC. Currently having heart failure issues. James' father and uncle both have HCM and AICDs. James dad, Carlton, had Myectomy at Cleveland on 4/10/06. James Medtronic recalled lead fractured 5/26/11. Had Biventricular Cardiac Resynchronization AICD put in on 6/3/11 Emory Midtown.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about your son. My heart goes out to you. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers and light a candle in his memory.

Angela
            diagnosed with HCM 11/96 @25, genetic mutation found 7/02
            ICD 8/12/08--Johns Hopkins

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. We will light a candle here in Cleveland, OH for your family.
              Cardiac Arrest due to HCM in 1989
              8 ICDS
              Heart Transplant 9/8/09

Comment

I am so very sorry to hear about your son, Tyler. My candle is lit and placed outside on my balcony. Many prayers and blessings are on their way to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Darlene

Comment

My candle will be lit tonight and my children 8 and 5 will share their prayers.
                  Bless you!

Laura
                  Dx: HOCM 1991, Myectomy/Mitral Valve Repair @CCF July 19, 2005. Wife and Mom of two: ages 5 and 3.

Comment

Just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of the loss of your beautiful little angel. God must have needed another angel in heaven today. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Dolly
                    HOCM - diagnosed 1981
                    Septal Myectomy - St. Mary's Hospital 2002
                    AICD/Pacemaker - 2007

Comment

Please know that in communites all over the world there are candles lit in memory of Tyler.
                      Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
                      ICD&Pacemaker 1996
                      Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
                      Mom of Kaye.

Comment

I was so saddened and shocked to hear of your loss. I haven't been on the website for a long time but thankfully I am still on the e-mail list. I don't know what to say. The loss of a child is the very worst thing that can happen to a parent (and you know I say this from personal experience). I pray for you and your family and friends that you will find the strength to make your way through the difficult road ahead.

You will never accept this, you will never forget, but you will somehow find something within you that helps you go forward from day to day.

Although we have never met personally, I do feel that we have a connection. You were there for me, as I am for you. Please take care of yourself, my friend. Continue with your work to get those AEDs installed in schools. It's important. With God's help someday this nightmare of a disease will be a thing of the past.

Love to you and your family
                        Linda G
                        Son died of cardiac shock second to HCM at age 36.
                        Live Well...Laugh Often...Love Much

Comment

Our hearts and prayers go with you and Tyler.
                          No doubt our Lord is sad along with the rest of us.

Comment

God Bless You All... Your Angel now has his wings.

Comment

I hope you can feel my embrace. I can not fully comprehend your loss and grief, but please know that I can feel God is holding you close and comforting you during not only this time in our life, but at all times (good and not so good).

I will be lighting a candle here in Tennessee. Tyler and his heavenly family will see all the love we have for them and for each other here on earth.

Here is quote I came across.........................

“We are, each of us, angels with only one wing, and we can only fly embracing each other." - Luciano Decrescenzo

Tyler now has his other wing - (thanks for helping him fly while he was here with you).
                              May I always be the kind of person
                              my dog thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X