If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mum

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

running late Find out more about running late
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mum

My mother died seven weeks ago to today (23/7/08) at the age of 54.

Initial postmortem was inconclusive and we are now awaiting inquest results however she was diagnosed 2 yrs ago with Hypertrophic Cardio Myopathy and i have heard unofficially that this is the reason she passed away.

She was in reasonably good health although had suffered much stress over the years and many dental problems which we suspect were related.
    She was in full time employment (office based), was a keen gardener and enjoyed long walks.

Many other family members including her sister, niece and several of my other cousins have been diagnosed with HCM also. My brother and myself have had the all clear for now through echocardiogram and are now recieving genetic counselling to decide whether to go ahead or not.

My sister died of cot death at the age of 7 months in 1986.

Re: mum

My sincere sympathy on your mother's passing. I am glad you have found our site and are being HCM aware by testing.
    Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
    ICD&Pacemaker 1996
    Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
    Mom of Kaye.

Comment

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother as well as your sister...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family through this tough time.
      Marki (34) mom to: Quest (15) positive HCM, Zak (10) HCM, waiting on a new heart for 14 months now, Sutton (7) gene negative, and MJ (2) no HCM. Wife to Michael (35). ***Remembering Priscilla (passed on October 31, 1999 @ 33 yrs old), Janice (passed on September 1, 1974 @ 16 yrs old) and Shirley (passed on October 23, 1995 @ 58 yrs old).*** All were from HCM.

Comment

Thank you for introducing yourself. I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope we can be of comfort and help you understand HCM better.
        Reenie

Husband has HCM.
        3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

So sorry to hear of the loss of your Mother. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
          Daughter 12, Chinese adoptee, diagnosed April, 2005- ICD 2008

Comment

Working...
          X