If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Mom...

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

randsean
randsean
Ventricle
Find out more about randsean
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Mom...

Sean,
    My thoughts to you and your family at this time. Remember the good times.
    Sara
    son, Ben, age 11, diagnosed with HCM 02/2007

Comment

Sean
      I am so sorry to read about your mother passing. Having HCM is tough, but losing someone close to you due to having HCM is tougher yet.
      Yes, think of all of the good times you had with her. She is gone only in body, she is still with you in your heart, memories and will watch over you as she has in the past.
      Hold her close as you did before, she is with you.
      Esther

Comment

Sean,
        Thoughts, prayers and affection concerning the loss of your Mother.
        Deborah
        Daughter 12, Chinese adoptee, diagnosed April, 2005- ICD 2008

Comment

Thank you all for such wonderful and kind words. We asked that the HCMA be one option for people wanting to make a donation in her memory. The support we have received here has been tremendous.

Here is the obituary information:

Doris Gingery, 63, of Cheyenne died Monday, September 8, 2008 at her home in Cheyenne.

She was born March 7, 1945 in Paola, Kansas.

Mrs. Gingery is survived by her husband, Bruce of Cheyenne; a daughter and son-in-law, Misty and Boyd Plotts of Tucson, Arizona; a son and daughter-in-law, Rand Sean and Michele Gingery of Bristol, Connecticut; two grandchildren, Katelyn and Tyler; four sisters, Emma Jean Wentworth of Rochdale, Massachusetts, Dorene Grous of Warner Robins, Georgia, Jane Hargus of Salina, Kansas, and Karen Foley of Smolan, Kansas,.

Doris was preceded in death by her parents, John and Inez Whitaker; two brothers, George Whitaker and John "Pete" Whitaker and sister, Charlen Tuller.

Services will be Sunday in Salina, Kansas. Interment immediately following at Mission Hill Cemetery in Smolan, Kansas.

Services are under the direction of Ryan Mortuary in Salina, Kansas.

Doris was best known for ther faith in the lord, Jesus Christ and dedication to her family.

Friends who wish may send donations in her name to the Zola Levitt Ministries, Inc., P.O. Box 12268, Dallas, TX 75225-0268 or www.levitt.com or to the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association (HCMA), P.O. Box 306, Hibernia, NJ 07842 or www.4hcm.com.

Friends may send condolences to the family at [email protected]. Please include the family name in the subject line.
          5 1/2 year old Tyler w/ HCM dx. on 12/8/05 died suddenly in his sleep on 12/2/08.
          7 1/2 year old Katie w/ HCM dx. on 12/18/08, rec'd AICD, replaced on 2/19/09 w/ new lead.

Comment

My heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your mother. Your loving memories will keep her always in your heart.
            Your mother's age struck a chord for me... My father also died of heart failure at age 63. I was diagnosed with HCM 2 years ago, and could never figure out a genetic link - no one ever mentioned HCM in Ecuador 1974!

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
            X