If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Husband Arnel age 38

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

stef Find out more about stef
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Husband Arnel age 38

I lost my husband in Presbyterian Hospital in Philadelphia PA on April 7, 2005. He was admitted to our local hospital on Friday April 1 with atrial fibrillation and transferred by one of our local cardiologists up there to have a repeat catheterization done on that Monday. Saturday morning after receiving cardizem along with other meds his heart rate dropped into the 30's and I was later told into the 10's. they were able to save him, however, after coming quite away and making the doctors feel optimistic about his recovery he again crashed in the morning on the 7th and passed away around 1:20pm. I was told he became septic , which may be but after receiving the autopsy results it appears that he had a massive heart attack and formed numerous blood clots in the heart. The coroner indicated in the report that he felt it was sudden death a side effect of the hcm.

He was diagnosed around 2002. After suffering from congestive heart failure. In 2003 he was given medicine to help control gout along with penicillin and developed a mild but damaging to his body case of Steven Johnson's Syndrome along with A Fib. This disease caused you to burn from the inside out. He did recover but was never quite the same. He was then in and out of the hospital for the A Fib over the next 2 years until this last admission.

We will miss him always. He is my "direct angel" to heaven. I have two small children who i will be taking to the Dr in a couple of months for a cardiology check up as well. Joshua 7 and Laren 3.

Although Arnel lost his battle early, I am grateful for the HCMA because I learned so much here. I feel that I have a place to come for answers and questions I might have and it has helped me cope.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X