If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you


No announcement yet.

Tommy Krupske, age 11 sudden death, no symptoms


About the Author


tk111404 Find out more about tk111404
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tommy Krupske, age 11 sudden death, no symptoms

    Tommy Krupske was my son. He was 11 years old. He died on 11-14-04. Tommy was never diagnosed with HCM. Tommy did not have any symptoms. He was like most 11 year old boys. He liked to play video games. He also bowled and played baseball. He always made friends where ever he was. Tommy woke up Sunday morning just like any other. He was going to play video games with his brother Bryan. Tommy was making his bed and had asked Bryan to get him some milk. He then went to the bathroom where he collapsed on the floor. The paramedics were there within 5 minutes. They gave Tom some oxygen and took him in the ambulance. He arrived at the hospital about 20 minutes after falling down. The doctors worked on him for about 2 1/2 hours. They never could get a steady heartbeat. Tommy died. We never heard of HCM until today (8 weeks after Tom's death) The coroner told me that Tom's heart was the stiffest he had ever seen. How could this have happened? Why didn't anyone ever diagnose him with it? Tommy was not a kid that ever complained but I wish we would have known.
    Tommy was my son, a brother and a great person. He will be missed every day. I hope that HCM will someday be as well known as other diseases and that a cure will then be found. Our pain will last an eternity. Our Love for Tommy will keep us strong.