If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stormy,12 autopsy showed she had HCM

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Stormys Mom I am a Mother of 4 girls 1 now deceased (Stormy) my youngest she was 12 when she passed. Due to HCM
Stormys Mom
Contributor-in-Training
Find out more about Stormys Mom
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormy,12 autopsy showed she had HCM

Stormy Lynn Hinklin

On Earth: Sept.10, 1996
    Entered Heaven: Nov.30, 2008

Stormy, was born in Joplin, Mo. she passed away Children's Mercy Hospital in K.C.Mo.

She, was a very active young woman with a beautiful smile and infectious laugh. She had no medical issues that we were aware of. She had just recently had her 12 yr. check-up before her death and everything was fine. There, is no family history of HCM that I her mother am aware of, myself and her older sister have had echo's done recently, nothing there either.
    We, are still waiting for test results it's been almost 7 heartbreaking months, and still no answer. So we don't know for sure just yet if it was genetically linked or not. You, can google her name and find out more about what took place.

Sincerly,
    Stormys Mom
    I Love you Punkin!

Re: Stormy,12 autopsy showed she had HCM

I am sorry you lost Stormy. She sounds like a wonderful child! I am glad that you are free of this disease. May you sense the presence of the Almighty holding you as you journey through grieving Stormy's loss.

Peace,

Leon
    God Squad co-moderator
    Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Thank you for sharing Stormy with us. I am very sorry for your loss and am equally sorry that you had to find this Association and message board as a result of your loss. It sounds like Stormy was an extrordinary young lady. There are several parents who post on the board who have lost their child either with the knowledge that they had HCM or not. Hopefully you will find both support and knowledge here.

Linda
      Onward and Upward !

Diagnosed 4/07 HCM with fixed & dynamic obstruction
      Myectomy with resected cordonae tendonae 4/08 CCF
      ICD 10/08

Comment

I am so sorry to hear of your daughters passing. If there is anything we can do to assist you or your family please call the office.
        There are simply no words I can offer to dull the pain, simply know people care and we are here for you.
        Sincerely,
        Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I am very sorry for the loss of your daughter. Please know that the HCMA is here to help you understand what happened and to help if you need it.
          Daughter of Father with HCM
          Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
          Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
          ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
          Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Thank you for sharing her with us and in doing so, helping others. I'm sure that is what Stormy would want. No words I can offer can offset your pain. Bless you for caring.
            Marc
            Diagnosed @ 48
            Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
            Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
            AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
            After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
            Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

I'm so sorry you've lost your beautiful and special daughter. Linda

Comment

Sorry to read of your daughter passing. Prays go out to yourfamily.
                Joe Del

Diagnosed @ age 45 with HCM June 2004; ICD Implant: September 2004. Fifteen years prior was tested and told had an anxiety attack. Second ICD implanted May 5, 2009 with adding second lead.

My biggest part is the depression and now on disability.

Tested positive for HCM gene and all three children are negative.

Husband and father of three children: Son 18 and two daughters 13 and 7.

Comment

Very sorry for your loss.

Pam
                  Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                  Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                  Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                  SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                  [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                  Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                  Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                  Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Hi there,
                    I want to convey my deepest sympathy to you and your family. Your daughter sounded like a wonderful person. I hope you will find strength from the people on this board - they are very supportive and helpful.
                    Ben's mom
                    son, Ben, age 11, diagnosed with HCM 02/2007

Comment

So sorry to read of your daughter's passing. I too lost a child to HCM. I pray that one day this disease will be a thing of the past. My deepest condolences.
                      LindaG
                      Son died of cardiac shock second to HCM at age 36.
                      Live Well...Laugh Often...Love Much

Comment

I can only imagine your grief. I pray that you will be comforted in this terribly difficult time.

Rhoda

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                        X