If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burtons story

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Burton Borrok Find out more about Burton Borrok
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burtons story

Well folks,
    I don’t know what life has in store for me, but since my parents never got married I decided that I wouldn’t either.

Also, my patents never felt the need to marry because they never had any children (a fact I’ve been trying to convince my brother and sister of for years.) I also felt that if my parents never had children, I wouldn’t either. This fact my grandchildren stubbornly refuse to believe. I don’t know what I can do to convince them that they are merely an illusion of an illusion of an illusion.

I have to close now. Those men in the white coats are after me again.

- - - -

This reminds me of the time I was visiting someone in – shall we say a mental health institution? Why’ll sitting on a bench in the garden I noticed a man busily at work painting the grass with a bucket of water and a four inch wide brush. I asked him why he was painting the grass with water and he said it was his hideout mechanism. He then proceeded to tell me that he had performed a great robbery and had hid the money from his associates. He now felt it was safe, but he was still stuck in the institution, and if I went and dug up the money for him, he would share it with me fifty, fifty. He then slipped me a treasure map he had hidden under his shirt, and went back to painting the grass.

After I left the institution I happened to pass the origin point on his map. The map said that looking across the field I would see three trees at the far side of the clearing. I looked and sure enough, there were the trees. Well, it being a nice day, I decided to explore further. Following the map I started pacing off fifty paces toward the middle tree where I came across a rock, and from the top of the rock I could see down a ravine which I was to walk through. I became excited, went back to the car for a shovel and returned to the rock, then headed off through the ravine. Sure enough, as stated in the map, at the far side of the ravine there was a pyramid shaped rock, and twenty paces north of that was the stump of the tree that the money was supposed to be buried under. I stated to dig, and after going down three feet as directed on the map – I found nothing. I dug deeper and deeper but still found nothing, I then proceeded to widen the hole until I had uncovered every inch of the area where the money could possibly be, but still nothing.

Next day I returned to the institution where I found the man still painting the grass with water. I told him what I had done, and that I still didn’t find the money. He asked, did you walk fifty paces toward the middle tree? Yes. Did you find the rock? Yes. Did you see the Ravine? Yes. Did you walk to the far side? Yes. Did you pace off the twenty paces and find the stump? Yes, yes. Did you dig down four feet? I dug down six feet, and I widened the hole to make sure I didn’t miss anything. You did all that and still didn’t find the money. That’s right. I did all that the map said and I still didn’t find the money. The man suddenly smiled and said – ‘Grab a brush! You’ll like it here.’
    Burt
Working...
X