If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help How do I delete a post

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Joyce Leinart Find out more about Joyce Leinart
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help How do I delete a post

Can anyone tell me how I can delete that post before anyone else reads it. I'm emailing the HCMA right now and asking Lisa to help but I'm not sure how long it might take at their end. I would be very grateful if someone can delete that for me or tell me how. Again I'm very sorry and apologize to all who have already seen the post.
    Sincerely,
    Joyce
    \"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.\"
    Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Re: Help How do I delete a post

Joyce,
    I don't know how to delete it, but I can tell you how to fix it. You can "Edit" any post that you made by clicking on the "Edit" box, which appears in the upper right hand corner of the post. In this case, all you have to do is remove the link from your post and it will be unavailable to future viewers. Perhaps later others who have responded can alter their references to the word and no one will ever be the wiser.

Rhoda

Comment

Hi Rhoda,
      Thanks for the tip. I’ve been posting for nine and a half months now, and never noticed the ‘edit’ button which appears only in the upper right corner of my own posts. Isn’t it a great idea to be able to take back your own words – slips, errors and other boo-boo’s.

By the way, that sure is a heavy work schedule you are performing over there. If it gets to be too much for you how do you get a break? I know you love your work, but when you factor in the support work, like grading papers and preparing class materials, how do you survive?

To paraphrase an old saying, “She who works and runs away, Lives to work another day.” Please take care of yourself.
      Burt

Comment

Joyce, apparently someone already took care of it for you. Next time you can PM me, Pam, Tim, or Lisa which thread it is and we can take care of it. I'm not sure if anyone else can delete or not, even their own threads.

Reenie
        Reenie

Husband has HCM.
        3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Joyce,

I took care of the deletion as you requested. It was an honest mistake and we all make them.

I am sure many are watching ball games : baseball and football tonight so all is well.
          Sorry everyone your responses went away with the deletion of topic as this is unavoidable.

As a moderator for the board, I also appologize for not catching it early enough to spare anyones feelings.
          Have a good night . Pam
          Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
          Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
          Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
          SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
          [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
          Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
          Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
          Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Rhoda,
            Thank you so much for the fast reply! I tried to edit the post when I first found out about the problem but I didn't have any success. I will go back and try to edit the post again with the information you sent.

Pam was able to lock the link so no one else should be able to access the sight. Thank you Pam!

Burton, I know you read the sight before I became aware of the problem and I apologize to you if you were offended, that was not my intention at all. I was simply remiss in not viewing the sight throughly before passing it along.

May you all have a peaceful week,
            Joyce
            \"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.\"

Comment

Joyce,
              I’ve been known to suffer from hoof in mouth disease myself from time to time. Please think nothing of it. In fact, I didn’t even see it until it was pointed out to me.

Also please do not let that deter you from posting again. The chance of a repeat is infinitesimally small. In fact, if the truth be told, Lisa had to delete two of my posts so far – not for cussing, but for reaching for a joke that turned out to be in poor taste when expressed in a post. I know how embarrassing that can be, but it sure didn’t stop me from posting again, so I hope to see you on the board again real soon.
              Burt

Comment

Don't worry about it everyone makes mistakes and nobody was injured from this one, so it is ok.

Comment

In the future... should that keyboard kick out something you wish it had not... simply hit the edit key and you can take out / change what ever you wish. If you really hate what you said and wish it to be deleted any moderator has the ability to delete a posting.

further if a moderator feels something is not apporpriate they can simply take out the "problem" with thier edit feature.

Please do not give it a second thought... we all make mistakes and the best part is we have the chance to correct them!

Best to all,
                  Lisa
                  Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                  YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                  lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                  Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                  Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                  Currently not obstructed
                  Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I've also noticed that we have the ability to delete our own posts, but for only a short time after we make them. I noticed a little X in the corner of one of mine and tried it out. Poof... it was gone.

Jim
                    "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Hey Burton,
                      Congrats on reaching "essential contributor" status. Ta Daaa, and getting all your hearts. I think you probably set some kind of record as a member. So shine your crown , you earned it. My carpal tunnel paralyzes me just looking at all the words you have written

Take Care and have a good day.
                      Pam
                      [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                      Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Burton wrote
                        In fact, I didn’t even see it until it was pointed out to me
                        I didn't see it either until it was pointed out to me!

May you be well. May you be at peace.
                        Joyce

Comment

Thank you Pam,
                          What a nice thing to say. You see, for me it was easy – one of my maladies is run-on-ites, so the words just keep pouring out.

Listen, if the truth be known, I really enjoy talking to all my friends on the board, and quite frankly, since you have become a moderator, I see you are starting to suffer from the same condition. Yeah, I did it all since joining on January ninth, but if you want to be humbled, just look at all the postings Lisa has racked up. That girl is a wonder in many ways.

There’s a bunch of postings I haven’t commented on since I went into the hospital Sunday night, and just got out at lunch time today. It’s amazing how fast things can pile up on you. I’ve now read them all, so I can go to sleep happy.

Been missing you and the rest of the crowd on the IM line of late. Once Lisa is fully back to herself, maybe we can get the HCMA chatroom going. I hope so.
                          Burt

Comment

Burt ,

You take it easy . We need you to stick around . Take a good time to rest, we will all be here when you are feeling better.

I am going to get cortizone injections in both my wrists today to hopefully help me get through to next year without the surgery for carpel tunnel syndrome. The neurologist said it is quite severe, as if I did not already know that. Just imagine how many words I will type after it is fixed!

Take Care .
                            Pam

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                            X