If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some quotes and stuff.

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Burton Borrok Find out more about Burton Borrok
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some quotes and stuff.

Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down. - Jimmy Durante

There are some experiences in life which should not be demanded twice from any man; and one of them is listening to the Brahms Requiem. - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Give me chastity and continence; - but not yet. - Saint Augustine (354-430)

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

Two guys are moving about in a Wal-Mart when their carts collide. One says to the other, "Excuse me, but I'm looking for my wife."

"What a coincidence, so am I, and I'm getting a little desperate."

"Well, maybe we can help each other. What does your wife look like?"

"She's tall, with dark hair, long legs, firm boobs, and a tight butt. What's your wife look like?"

"Never mind, let's look for yours."

The definition of "Brave" is:

A man coming home late, smelling of perfume and beer, with lipstick on his collar, and slapping his wife on the butt and saying : “You're next!"

Or is that the definition of “Suicidal?”

Re: Some quotes and stuff.

Love to start the day with laughter in my tummy and a smile on my face. Thanks for the post. Joyce
    \"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.\"
    Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Some more quotes . . .

Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame. - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. - Niels Bohr (1885-1962)

Talent does what it can; genius does what it must. - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton (1803-1873)

You can pretend to be serious; you can’t pretend to be witty. - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)

Not only is there no God; but try finding a plumber on Sunday. - Woody Allen (1935-)

There are people in the world so hungry that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread. - Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

Don’t let it end like this. Tell them I said something. - last words of Pancho Villa (1877-1923)

Love is friendship set on fire. - Jeremy Taylor

It is better to be feared than loved; if you cannot be both. - Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527); "The Prince"

Thank you for sending me a copy of your book – I’ll waste no time reading it. - Moses Hadas (1900-1966)

He is one of those people who would be enormously improved by death. - H. H. Munro (Saki) (1870-1916)

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

If I were two-faced; would I be wearing this one? - Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it. - Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

Once you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth. - Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 1859-1930)

To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis. - Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

In any contest between power and patience bet on patience. - W.B. Prescott

No one can earn a million dollars honestly. - William Jennings Bryan (1860-1925)

A husband is what is left of the lover after the nerve has been extracted. - Helen Rowland (1876-1950)

Everywhere I go I’m asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don’t stifle enough of them. - Flannery O’Connor (1925-1964)

The best way to predict the future is to invent it. - Alan Kay

Learning is what most adults will do for a living in the 21st century. – Perelman

A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire (1694-1778)

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. - General George Patton (1885-1945)

We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

Distrust any enterprise that requires new clothes. - Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Comment

In theory; there is no difference between theory and practice. But; in practice; there is. - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Black holes are where God divided by zero. - Steven Wright

He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

In the End; we will remember not the words of our enemies; but the silence of our friends. - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims. - Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Behind every great fortune there is a crime. - Honore de Balzac (1799-1850)

In America; anybody can be president. That’s one of the risks you take. - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Who the **** wants to hear actors talk? - H. M. Warner (1881-1958); founder of Warner Brothers; in 1927

The full use of your powers along lines of excellence. - definition of happiness by John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

Never mistake motion for action. - Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Reality is merely an illusion; albeit a very persistent one. - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all the other alternatives. - Abba Eban (1915-2002)

We all agree that your theory is crazy; but is it crazy enough? - Niels Bohr (1885-1962)

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

A man cant be too careful in the choice of his enemies. - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds and the pessimist fears this is true. - James Branch Cabell

Assassins! - Arturo Toscanini (1867-1957) to his orchestra

Copy from one; its plagiarism; copy from two; its research. - Wilson Mizner (1876-1933)

When you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

Wit is educated insolence. - Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

A poem is never finished only abandoned. - Paul Valery (1871-1945)

Any man who is under 30; and is not a liberal; has not heart; and any man who is over 30; and is not a conservative; has no brains. - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

If you haven’t got anything nice to say about anybody - come sit next to me. - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)

There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home. - Ken Olson; president; chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp.; 1977

What do you take me for an idiot? - General Charles de Gaulle (1890-1970) when a journalist asked him if he was happy

The concept is interesting and well-formed; but in order to earn better than a C; the idea must be feasible. - A Yale University management professor in response to student Fred Smiths paper proposing a reliable overnight delivery service (Smith went on to found Federal Express Corp.)

It is time I stepped aside for a less experienced and less able man. - Professor Scott Elledge on his retirement from Cornell

Blessed is the man who having nothing to say abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact. - George Eliot (1819-1880)

A friendship founded on business is better than a business founded on friendship. - John D. Rockefeller (1874-1960)

And I looked and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death and **** followed with him. - Revelations 6:8

I’m not a member of any organized political party; I’m a Democrat! - Will Rogers (1879-1935)

Maybe this world is another planets ****. - Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)

Some editors are failed writers; but so are most writers. - T. S. Eliot (1888-1965)

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

I am not young enough to know everything. - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Comment

Burt, I love reading little tidbits like these.
          Thanks
          Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
          So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
          Good luck and stay well.
          Glen

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X