If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time and Tide - turn on you.

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Burton Borrok Find out more about Burton Borrok
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time and Tide - turn on you.

Chapter 1: THE PERKS OF BEING OVER 50

1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
    2. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
    3. No one expects you to run a marathon.
    4. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
    5. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
    6. Things you buy now won't wear out.
    7. You can live without sex but not without glasses.
    8. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
    9. You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.
    10. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
    11 Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
    12. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.

Chapter 2: GAMES FOR WHEN YOU ARE OLDER

1. Sag, you’re it.
    2. Pin the Toupee on the Bald Guy.
    3. 20 questions shouted into your good ear.
    4. Kick the bucket.
    5. Red Rover, Red Rover, the nurse says Bend Over.
    6. Doc, Doc, Goose.
    7. Simon says something incoherent.
    8. Hide and go pee.
    9. Spin the Bottle of Mylanta.
    10. Musical recliners.

Chapter 3: SIGNS OF MENOPAUSE

1. You sell your home heating system at a yard sale.
    2. Your husband jokes that instead of buying a wood stove, he is using you to heat the family room this winter. Rather than just saying you are not amused, you shoot him.
    3. You have to write post-it notes with your kids' names on them.
    4. The Phenobarbital dose that wiped out the Heaven's Gate Cult gives you four hours of decent rest.
    5. You change your underwear after every sneeze.
    6. You're on so much estrogen that you take your Brownie troop on a field trip to Chippendale's.

Chapter 4: SIGNS OF WEAR

"OLD" IS WHEN..... Your sweetie says, "Let's go upstairs and make love," and you answer, "Pick one, I can't do both!"

"OLD" IS WHEN..... Your friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes, and you're barefoot.

"OLD" IS WHEN..... A sexy babe catches your fancy and your pacemaker opens the garage door.

"OLD" IS WHEN.... Going braless pulls all the wrinkles out of your face.

"OLD" IS WHEN..... You don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go along.

"OLD" IS WHEN..... You are cautioned to slow down by the doctor instead of by the police.

"OLD" IS WHEN..... "Getting a little action" means I don't need to take any fiber today.

"OLD" IS WHEN.... "Getting lucky" means you find your car in the parking lot.

"OLD" IS WHEN..... An "all-nighter" means not getting up to pee.

If you're under 50, this may be amusing.

If you're over 50, this is probably reality

Re: Time and Tide - turn on you.

SURVIVOR SOUTHERN STYLE

Due to the popularity of the Survivor shows, several southern TV stations are joining together and are planning to do their own, entitled "Survivor: Southern Style."

The contestants will start in Alabama; travel over to Georgia and on to South Carolina. From there they will head up to North Carolina and over to Tennessee. They will then proceed down to Mississippi and Louisiana, finally ending up back over in Alabama.

Each will be driving a pink Volvo with New Jersey license plates and large bumper stickers that read:

1-I'm Gay,
    2-I'm a Vegetarian,
    3-NASCAR Sucks,
    4-Go Yankees!
    5-Smoking Is for Idiots,
    6-Hillary in 2004,
    7-Deer Hunting is Murder, and
    8-I'm Here to Confiscate Your Guns!

The first one that makes it back to Alabama alive wins!!

Comment

Re: Time and Tide - turn on you.

ok Burton I am locked and loaded they won't get past me!!!Rich
      Allways remember you cannot control the wind!!
      However you can adjust your sails!!

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
      X