If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Divorce

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Glen Beamish Find out more about Glen Beamish
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce

A father in New York calls his son in Houston, "Son I have some bad news, your mother and I have decided to get a divorce".
    The son is shocked, "Dad how can you do that after 30 years". The Dad replies, " I cannot stand to even look at her anymore, I'm sorry but the decision has been made".
    After hanging up the son calls his sister in Seattle, "Sis Mom & Dad are getting divorced". "Over my dead body" she says. "I'm going to call him right now".
    She hangs up and immediately calls her father. "Dad you can't do this, don't you and Mom do anything until my brother and I get there.
    The Dad hangs up, turns to his wife and says, "It's OK dear their coming home for Christmas and their both paying their own way"
    Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
    So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
    Good luck and stay well.
    Glen

Re: Divorce

I love it! Can I borrow this one?
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Good one yourself!

LOL

==========

Heck is where all the people that don't believe in gosh are going.
      »-(¯`·.·´¯)-> HCMA LOVES YOUR HEART <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«
      Murmur detected in childhood (3rd gen, 3 clear siblings)
      Chronic dyspnea, dizziness & palpitations (21+)
      Echocardiogram showing 3X thicknesses 2000
      Cardiac CT 2009 no significant obstruction or plaque (Yay!)
      Cardiac MRI 2010 showing septal scarring (Boo!)
      Verapamil 280mg a day (metoprolol starved extremities)
      ICD MAR 2010 - Canadian Trials St. Jude FORTIFY

Comment

Reenie, absolutely.
        Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
        So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
        Good luck and stay well.
        Glen

Comment

OK.. That was good!
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I have to agree, yhat is a good one i'll have to tell my husband about this one

Shirley
            Diagnosed 2003
            Myectomy 2-23-2004
            Husband: Ken
            Son: John diagnosed 2004
            Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Thanks.
              Reenie

Husband has HCM.
              3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X