If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollywood Square Responses

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Glen Beamish Find out more about Glen Beamish
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood Square Responses

Here are some of the best responses from the original Hollywood squares stars.
    Q: If your going to make a parachute jump, you should at least be how high?
    A: Charlie Weaver: Three days of steady drinking should do it.
    Q: True or false, a pea can last as long as 5,000 years?
    A: George Gobel: Boy it sure seems that way sometimes.
    Q: According to Cosmo Magazine, if you meet a stranger at a party and you think he's really attractive, is it OK to come out directly and ask him if he's married?
    A: Rose Marie: No, wait until morning.
    Q: Which of your five senses tends to dimish as you get older?
    A: Charley Weaver: My sense of decency.
    Q: In Hawaiian, does it take more than three words to say "I love you"?
    A: Vincent Price: No, you can say it with a pineapple and a twenty.
    Q: As you grow older, do you tend to gesture more or less with your hands while you are talking?
    A: Rose Marie: You ask me one more growing old question, Peter, and I'll give you a gesture you'll never forget!
    Q: Paul, why do ****'s Angels wear leather?
    A: Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily.
    Q: Charley, you've just decided to grow stawberries. Are you going to get any during your first year?
    A: Charley Weaver: Of course not Peter, I'm too busy growing strawberries!
    Q: In bowling, what's a perfect score?
    A: Rose Marie: Ralph, the pin boy.
    Q: It is considered in bad taste to discuss two subjects at nudist camps. One is politics, what is the other?
    A: Paul Lynde: Tape measures.
    Q: Can boys join the Camp Fire Girls?
    A: Marty Allen: Only after lights out.
    Q: When you pat a dog on it's head he will usually wag his tail. What will a goose do?
    A: Paul Lynde: Make him bark.
    Q: According to Ann Landers, is there anything wrong with getting into the habit of kissing a lot of people.
    A: Charley Weaver: It got me out of the army!
    Q: It is the most abused and neglected part of the body, what is it?
    A: Paul Lynde: Mine may be abused but it certainly isn't neglected.
    Q: Charley, what do you call a pig that weighs more than 150 pounds?
    A: Charley Weaver: A divorcee.
    Q: Back in the old days, when Great Grandpa put horseradish on his head, what was he trying to do?
    A: George Gobel: Get it in his mouth.
    Q: Who stays pregnant for a longer period of time, your wife or your elephant?
    A: Paul Lynde" Who told you about my elephant?
    Q: When a couple have a baby, who is responsible for it's sex?
    A: Charley Weaver: I'll lend him the car, the rest is up to him.
    Q: Jackie Gleason recently revealed that he firmly believes in them and has actually seen them on at least two occasions. What are they?
    A: Charley Weaver: His feet.
    Q: Do female frogs croak?
    A: Paul Lynde: Yes, if you hold their head under the water long enough.
    Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
    So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
    Good luck and stay well.
    Glen

Re: Hollywood Square Responses

OMG Glen,

Those are hilarious! Paul Lynde was always my favorite Hollywood Square... (as well as my favorite guest star on Bewitched). What a hoot!

Thanks for the laugh

Jim
    "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Jim, I think your right about Paul Lynde, he was definetly one of the funniest ever on the show.
      I think this older group were better than the ones they most recently had.
      Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
      So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
      Good luck and stay well.
      Glen

Comment

Glen,

Being a fan of the old Hollywood Squares, I sat here and could hear in my head the voice of each one of those stars answering those questions!!!

Kelly
        Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
        X