If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lynn Perry Find out more about Lynn Perry
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow

Ok, for the benefit of all of us on the East coast, I would love to hear some good SNOW jokes/stories.

2 Feet and counting in northern New Jersey!!! I'm currently taking bets on whether or not my 12:00 noon flight from Newark to St. Louis gets cancelled tomorrow!!

Hey Linda, how are things down in Merryland. I heard from someone else I know in the Aberdeen area that he got 30 inches.

Well at least my 4 month old puppy had fun running the "race track" that we dug in the yard for him, and he really loved the occasional detours through 3 foot snow drifts!!!

We had 26", and yes, Ray did remember to fill the gas cans for the snowblower. It's had a good workout. Lots of roof collapses. My sister got 48" - western part of the state, and they already had alot on the ground before this started. We're good now, and let's hope you are by the time for the big news broadcast Wed. Good luck with your trip. I'd call before I left for the airport if I were you. Linda

Comment

UFF DA!
      TOO much snow....26 inches here and I think it has really stopped!
      Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

well they said we "might "get some and we got 100% of the might but no snow but we did get a little ice sun will be back today though and 60 tomorrow so thaw out up there !!!! Rich
        Allways remember you cannot control the wind!!
        However you can adjust your sails!!

Comment

What is snow again? Gee I haven't seen it in 12 years! The weather forcast for me today is high of 82 and lots of sunshine! It is nice to be in the land of the Mouse!

Mary S.

Comment

Rich, I'm glad to hear that. I'm coming down there to golf next week.
            60 degrees, to us thats shorts weather after this winter.
            Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
            So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
            Good luck and stay well.
            Glen

Comment

snow

I'm looking out the window in the Chicago suburbs at a bare, frozen.. not a single flake of snow.. on the ground.
              Thinking of the snow pants and snow boots collecting dust in the mud room.
              Next time, could you guys share just a little with us? Just a little, not too much. I don't want to be greedy.

Comment

OK, blame Glen. He brought up the GOLF word. For all of you golfers on the East coast, just think warm summer thoughts about golf courses. You know what would make you think even more about warm summer golf?? Donating a prize to the HCMA Golf Outing!!!!

For all you non-golfers, think about the warm fuzzy feeling you can get by donating to a worthy cause!!!

Lynn Perry

Comment

roads are clear...snow ia in piles... yet no sun yet
                  You southern folks... please keep your weather...well... to your self it is far to much to take
                  Lisa
                  Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                  YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                  lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                  Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                  Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                  Currently not obstructed
                  Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

You do all know that GOLF spelled backwards is FLOG....right?
                    I think Lynn is FLOGGING us with GOLF requests on every thread she can find!!!!!!
                    Well, I'm starting a fundraiser to get Lynn a good flogging herself if she over does it any more. I'm thinking we could hire one of those really big fat medieval guys in the black hood with a cat-o-ninetails or something. I think those Vermont Teddy Bear people have some such service available.
                    Any takers????
                    Lisa\'s favorite (and smarter) big brother.

Comment

I'll stop writing as soon as we get enough donations. So, if you want to shut me up, SEND IN THOSE DONATIONS!!!!

Comment

She is incorrigible, ain't she?! Let the flogging begin!!!!

I suppose it's ok to have a one track mind if there's only one train on the track, but come on, did you look both ways at least????!!!!!
                        Lisa\'s favorite (and smarter) big brother.

Comment

Lisa sounds like you need a trip to the sunshine state! It's the perfect time of year not too hot or too cold! I'll even get ya in to Disney for free! Heck I might even be able to pull off a discount at one of our resorts. Think about it!

Mary S.

Comment

Lisa, you can come visit us in SoCal too.... We've got great weather, like the other land of the Mouse. In fact, we have our own land of the Mouse, Lego Land, etc. Just let me know....

Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                            3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Hey, what about us?

Hey, Mary ---

Not that Lisa doesn't deserve a break, but what about the rest of us??? ; )

Enjoy your sun.

Sarah
                              (stuck in Chicago)

Comment

Working...
                              X