If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joke of the day

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful?

There was a lawyer and he was just waking up from anesthesia after surgery, and his wife was sitting by his side. His eyes fluttered open and he said, “You're beautiful!” and then he fell asleep again. His wife had never heard him say that so she stayed by his side. A couple minutes later his eyes fluttered open and he said “You're cute!” Well, the wife was dissapointed because instead of “beautiful” it was “cute.” She said “What happened to ‘beautiful’? His reply was “The drugs are wearing off!”
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Lipstick at School

According to a news report, a certain private school in Washington recently was faced with a unique problem. A number of 12-year-old girls were beginning to use lipstick and would put it on in the bathroom.
      That was fine, but after they put on their lipstick they would press their lips to the mirror leaving dozens of little lip prints.

Every night, the maintenance man would remove them and the next day, the girls would put them back. Finally the principal decided that something had to be done. She called all the girls to the bathroom and met them there with the maintenance man. She explained that all these lip prints were causing a major problem for the custodian who had to clean the mirrors every night.

To demonstrate how difficult it had been to clean the mirrors, she asked the maintenance man to show the girls how much effort was required. He took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it in the toilet, and cleaned the mirror with it. Since then, there have been no lip prints on the mirror.

There are teachers, and then there are educators...
      :P

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Currently not obstructed

Comment

Quizzical

A man and his son are in a car accident and are rushed to the hospital. But when he's wheeled into the OR, the doctor looks at the boy and says "I can't operate on this boy! He's my son!" Who's the doctor?

His mother.

Currently not obstructed

Comment

This one was sent to me by Bob Pensack (a psychiatrist )

How about this one?

A mild-mannered man was tired of being bossed around by his wife; so
          he went to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist said he needed to build
          his self-esteem, and so gave him a book on assertiveness, which he read
          on the way home. He had finished the book by the time he reached his
          house.

The man stormed into the house and walked up to his wife. Pointing
          a finger in her face, he said, "From now on, I want you to know that
          *I* am the man of this house, and my word is law!
          I want you to prepare me a gourmet meal tonight, and when I'm
          finished eating my meal, I expect a sumptuous dessert afterward.
          Then, after dinner, you're going to draw me my bath so I can relax.
          And, when I'm finished with my bath, guess who's going to dress me
          and comb my hair?"

"The f**** funeral director," said his wife.

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Blonde (or fillin the blank!)Nurse

Why did the blonde (or fill in the blank)nurse take a red magic marker to work?
            In case she had to draw some blood.

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac?

He stayed up all night wondering if there was a dog!

Bob
              Cleveland Myectomy Crew
              Member since November 2002

\"Chance favors the prepared mind!\"

Comment

more battle of the sexes

A husband looking through the paper came upon a study that said women use more words than men. Excited to prove to his wife that he had been
                right all along when he accused her of talking too much, he showed her the study results.

It read "Men use about 15,000 words per day, but women use 30,000."

The wife thought for a moment, then said to her husband, "It's because we have to repeat everything we say."

The husband said, "What?"
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                An Amish boy and his father were visiting a mall. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but, especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and, then, slide back together again.

The boy asked, "What is this, Father?"

The father (never having seen an elevator) responded, "Son, I have never seen anything like this in my life, I don't know what it is."

While the boy and his father were watching with amazement, an old lady in a wheel chair rolled up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened and the lady rolled between them into a small room. The walls closed and the boy and his father watched the small circular numbers above the walls light up sequentially.

They continued to watch until it reached the last number and, then, the numbers began to light in the reverse order. Finally, the walls opened up again and a gorgeous, voluptuous 24 year old woman stepped out.

The father, not taking his eyes off the young woman, said quietly, "Son, Go get your mother."
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

OK that last one was written by a man ..no doubt!
                  Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

car breaks down along the expressway one day, so the driver eases it over onto the shoulder of the highway. He jumps out of the car, opens the trunk, and pulls out two men in trench coats.
                    The men stand behind the car, open up their coats and start exposing themselves to the oncoming traffic. This results in one of the worst pile-ups in history.

When questioned by police why he put two deviates along the side of the road, the man replied, "I broke down and was just using my emergency flashers!"
                    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Bob and John were best friends since they were in elementary school. Baseball was their biggest passion in life. One day Bob and John made a pact that whoever died first would come back and tell the other if there was basebal in Heaven.

Bob and John continued through their lives until one day John passed on. True to the pact he came back to Bob a few days later. Bob was glad to "see" him and asked, "Well, is there baseball in Heaven?"

John replied, "Bob, I have good news and bad news."

Bob said, "Okay, let's have the good news first."

John stated, "Well, the good news is that there IS baseball in Heaven."

Bob excitedly answered back, "That's great... what could the bad news be?"

John looked at Bob in the eyes and said, "You're pitching tomorrow!"

Mom of Keanu
                      4 years old (will be in March)
                      Dx at 2 days old with Biventricular hypertrophy
                      Dx at 6 weeks with HOCM
                      Dx at 5 months with V-tach
                      Dx at 3 with Noonan Syndrome

Comment

Two men were out golfing. Another group was ahead of them, two women. The women were playing quite slow.

One man asked the other if they should ask if they could play through.
                        The other said yeah that it would be a good idea. So he walked up to the top of the hill and quickly ran back.

"Did you tell them"
                        " I couldn't one was my wife the other was my mistress"
                        "Well I guess I'll do it" So the other man went to the top of the hill. He ran back scratched his head and said

"Small world isn't it."

Mary S.

Comment

OK I did not see that one coming..2 points for Mary!

Currently not obstructed

Comment

A saleswoman is driving toward home in Northern Arizona when she sees a Navajo woman hitchhiking. Because the trip had been long and quiet, she stops the car and the Navajo woman climbs in.

During their small talk, the Navajo woman glances surreptitiously at a brown bag on the front seat between them.

"If you're wondering what's in the bag," offers the saleswoman, "it's a bottle of wine. I got it for my husband."

The Navajo woman is silent for awhile, nods several times and says, "Good trade."
                            Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                            3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

St. Peter approached the crowd of men at the Pearly Gates and ordered them to form two lines. The first line is for all of the men who's wives were "in charge" of the family, and the second was for those men who were "in charge". All of the men lined up in the first line except for one. St. Peter asked the man "Why are you in this line?"

and he replied...

"She told me to stand here!"

Bob
                              Cleveland Myectomy Crew
                              Member since November 2002

\"Chance favors the prepared mind!\"

Comment

Bob, I wonder how many men out there are thinking about which line they will stand in? Linda (I know which one my hubby will be in.)

Comment

Working...
                                X