If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back from Peru- hike no prob

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

MJAG153 Find out more about MJAG153
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Peru- hike no prob

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know I'm back from Peru. My trip was awesome. No altitude sickness & hiked the Inca Trail with no problems. A little sore & tired but no HCM related issues. Made sure I kept a slow & steady pace. Machu Pichu is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. When I upload my pics I'll post one.

Jo
    Jo

Re: Back from Peru- hike no prob

Jo.

Congrats on a successful trip! Oh to be able to engage in that kind of fun again.

Peace,

Leon
    God Squad co-moderator
    Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Welcome back. I am glad you made it home safely and had a great time. Do you feel like you have a new bunch of parents here to report to??
      Daughter of Father with HCM
      Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
      Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
      ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
      Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

It sounds beautiful. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Reenie
        Reenie

Husband has HCM.
        3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

I'm glad you had a wonderful trip. It is beautiful over there. I work with a doctor that is from there and the pastor of our church just returned from a mission trip. The pictures they took were absolutely gorgeous. I'm happy that you were able to enjoy yourself symptom free.

God Bless!
          Sherry
          tommysgirl wishes you a blessed day with many laughs and smiles along the way!

Wife of Tommy Hall passed 9/22/07
          HOCM, (AA x2, CABG, RFA, Myectomy x2, Maze)
          Tomy 13
          Amber 25
          grandchildren Aiden 6, Maddie 4

Comment

Happy to hear you are back safe and sound and had a great trip.

Pam
            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Glad to know you are home safe and sound. I must admit I worried and thought about you. Funny how we don't even know each other but the bond is so strong.

I would love to see pictures. I teach 6th grade Social Studies and we just studied Machu Picchu. The kids would love it.

Just because you hiked does not mean the disease is not there. Patrick played outside for 2 hours one day last week. He did not have any symptoms. However, after his shower he bent down to pick up his dirty clothes and his heart raced. Fortunately he told me about it. I just had to explain the unpredictability of the disease. I am trying to teach him to respect the disease and listen to his body. It is hard for an 8 year old to slow down. I know it is hard for you as an adult to slow down too.

Take care,
              Christie Dalton diag. 3/27/07: ICD on 4/25/07.
              Son diag. @ 6 and SCA at 8. ICD on 9/1/06.

Comment

You survived!
                I'm glad to hear that you didn't have any problems. I must say I'm quite jealous! Welcome back!

Nick

Comment

Jo,

It's so cool that you went out and did something you wanted to do without letting HCM rule your life. It sounds like you took good care of yourself, kept a slow and steady pace, and weren't foolish about it. I look forward to seeing the pics.

Jim
                  "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Link to some pictures:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...d=8DYs3DZk0Yac

Yes I was careful- I even opted out of an optional steep climb at the end which prior to my diagnosis I definitely would have done It was great & I'm glad that I didn't worry about my HCM during the trip. I just made sure that I followed my Dr.s orders. I know I have this disease: what seems like weekly dr.s appointments & tests I have make sure I remember. Off to get another holter this Friday & then a follow up appointment with the EP- fun fun fun
                    Last edited by MJAG153; 04-04-2007, 08:16 AM.
                    Jo

Comment

Darn, your album is unavailable right now.

Reenie

Edit to add: WOW! The link is right now and the pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Breathtaking, and I'm not just whistlin' Dixie! I hope you all go see the pics too.

Reenie
                      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Wow! What a great trip this must have been - I was able to view the pictures.

Best wishes - Linda

Comment

Working...
                        X