If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VO2 max

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

nettibug Find out more about nettibug
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VO2 max

I'm curious if any other HCM athletes know their VO2 max?

thanks,
    netti

Re: VO2 max

I never had it tested until the stress/echo that led to my new dx. I have requested my medical records, so will pass it along when the records arrive.
    John

Comment

I had a v02 max test done back at NEMC. I did not get the exact numbers but at the time Dr. Maron was talking transplant. I guess because I did so bad on it my blood pressure plummeted to 50/30 and I ended up spending four days in ICU and a week in the hospital. Funny, no one wants to do a stress test on me.

I want to say I was at 14 or something close to that. I'm sure now though if I did one I would be a lot higher being that my exercise capacity as increased.

Hope it helps,

Mary S

Comment

I just had a breathing test Friday and I see the pulmonologist on Wednesday where we will go over the results. I waited around while the reports were printed and saw that about half of the numbers were in red indicating bad results, but I didn’t get the chance to see the individual numbers. That’s for the doctor on Wednesday. I am on oxygen 24/7 already and using a nebulizer plus some other breathing medications so I guess this is to determine what else could be done and how much O2 I need.

I’ll let you know the results if and when I get them.
        Burt

Comment

Working...
        X