If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Past Year

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Toogoofy317 non-obstructed hcm, AICD 11-01-02 and 10-6-05 Find out more about Toogoofy317
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam Alexson
    replied
    Re: The Past Year

Mary , thank you for sharing your poem and your birthday with us. Hope you had a great day!
    Lisa , My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family as you remember Lori and celebrate the years that she was with you. Pam

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

Mary,
    That was very nice and I could not agree more. As for Aunt Lisa... I have lost count as to how many people call me that now, and I love it everytime I hear it.
    For those who have no idea what I am talking about allow me to explain. When Lori died (9 years ago tomorrow) My niece and nephew came to live with my parents and then with me. They alway called me "aunt Lisa" as did all of their friends, teachers and everyone who knew them and us. To this day I will run into people in a store who were friends of John and Staceys and they smile and say "HI Aunt Lisa!" I must admit many have grown and change I do not alway remember who is who - but I do know that at one time they were a special part of my life and I will alway enjoy being "aunt Lisa" to anyone!

Mary - YOU I would NEVER forget in a million years...now drink your water and take care of yourself!

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Donna
    replied

Happy Birthday Mary. I hope it was a great one. Lets hope next year will have more good times than bad. I loved the poem. keep smile on your face and a song in your heart and all will go better.

Leave a comment:

• Burton Borrok
    replied

Well sweetheart,
    You are a beautiful person and I am proud to be your ‘surrogate’ grandpa. Go have a wonderful birthday and continue to enjoy each day as it comes.

The only poem I can think of at the moment is –

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue
    I’m schizophrenic - - -
    And I am too.

Love from,
    Grandpa

Leave a comment:

• Toogoofy317
    started a topic The Past Year

The Past Year

Well, looks like I've made it through another year. It has had its ups and definatly its downs. There are days that I curse this disease but on most I live my life the best that I can. My life has not been easy but I still feel very fortunate in light of it all. I have made friends that I would have never met and people who have changed my life dramaticly for the better. Sometimes I think though what would my life be if I hadn't had all of this happen to me. First, impression would be that life would be wonderful. After thinking though I like my life the way it is for people like Burt, who is my surrogate grandfather and Jim my twin even though we are quite some years apart and Aunt Lisa always telling me to slow down and drink water, and of course all of the others who coach me along day to day. This family I would not have known if I had not had this disease. So I would not change anything.

I did a little writing not to long ago and I dedicate it to all of my HCM family.

In the past

I was asked one day.
    If you could change your life in any way,
    Would you change it?
    I didn’t even think for a minute.

The answer was already in my mind,
    And No was the only answer I had to find.
    But what if you could take back all of that pain?
    And know your strife was not all in vane.

If I did reclaim the days of past,
    And be able to change my life just that fast.
    I may not have met my heroes
    Who never treated me as a zero.

If I changed my past days,
    I would not be the person I am today
    And as I look back on my history,
    I realize just how my story,
    Was made better by the people in my past.

Mary S.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
X