If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting ready for surgery

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Tigger1 Find out more about Tigger1
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready for surgery

Hello to all,

My first time on this site. I am getting ready for surgery (myectomy) on May 17. I will be going to the Cleveland Clinic. I hope I made the right choice. A lot of trouble to get this operation set up. I hope it is worth it. I guess the alternative is worse. Keep in touch...

Tigger1
    " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Re: Getting ready for surgery

Good Luck Tigger, let us know how you progess.
    Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
    So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
    Good luck and stay well.
    Glen

Comment

Hi Tigger1,
      Welcome to the website. I guess by now you’ve been looking through the postings and information available on this site and realize you picked one of the very best places in the country to go with HCM problems. The Cleveland Clinic has an outstanding record and reputation, and has earned every bit of it.

You didn’t include much about yourself, so I can only conclude that you do need this procedure, and your cardio is fully conversant with the care and feeding of this cockeyed condition. Please check us out and learn all you can about your HCM. As it is true with everything, in the final analysis it is up to us to determine the best treatment for ourselves.

I hope your upcoming procedure fully affords you the benefits you are looking for.
      Burt

Comment

You are heading to a top quality center. Many others have travel down the road you are on, I am sure they will be happy to chime in and share any information you wish to learn.

Take Care,
        Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

good luck! you can use the search function at the top of the page to find all the clevelend clinic myectomy posts (and there are a lot).

you are in the best hands and they wouldn't do it if it wasn't the best thing for you.

take care and keep us posted.

s

Comment

TiggerI, Welcome to the message board. You have a few wks ahead of you before the surgery and I'm sure our members will be happy to share info and tips with you. Ask any questions you may have. Best wishes, keep us posted, Linda

Comment

Hello to everyone again.
              I understand your concern Tigger. We are so fortunate to live in a country where it's medical is so advanced. Everyday there are new ways to look at it. I live near Boston, and I'm grateful to have some of the Best Cardio Hospitlas and Doctors around.

I was told that I will need a Difibrillator within the next few months. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. But the alternative is much more concerning.
              I'm 36 and people say to me...."but your soooooo young" and I say "your right! I'm too young to let this get me down"
              And I think no matter your age, we're all too young for this.
              Best to you Tigger! I'll be waiting to hear how your doing once the surgery is done.
              Marlene

Comment

Tigger,

Welcome to the site! You will be in the best of hands in Cleveland. I'll be heading there myself if and when the time comes for a myectomy. There are a lot of folks here who have been through the surgery, and can probably give you lots of great advice on what to expect. Be sure to look up all the posts regarding myectomy, and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Take care,

Jim
                "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                X