If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Halloween!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

mtlieb Find out more about mtlieb
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Halloween!

Don't ya just gotta love this time of year?

I have to be honest here though, i'm really surprised that Reenie hasn't come out with a little animated smiley in a ghost costume or something... she is after all the queen of animated smiley's

Have fun this weekend!

Jim
    "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Re: Happy Halloween!

Here ya go, Jim. Just for you! LOL

Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

And one more!
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

Woo Hoo! Thanks Reenie

Comment

LOL. You really are the awesomest

Comment

Speaking of Halloween. I just did the Bush Garden's Howl-o-Scream. It was a blast. The haunted houses were cool but not to scary. One thing that I did have problems with was Gwazi the wooden roller coaster. I have ridden lots of thrill rides working at Disney and all but this one got me. I am not really sure why though. At the end the ride my skin had gotten very pale and clammy. I was very short of breath and my chest started hurting I felt like I was going to pass out! It's not like the ride was scary or anything like Montu whichwas much more intense. The only thing I can think of is because of the sudden increase and decrease of G forces.

Oh well! just thought I would put out that side note about coasters. I know I'm not riding it again.

Mary

Comment

Jim, you asked for it.
              Reenie, very cute.
              MARY?!? what are you doing???? Becareful my dear! I will have a chance to get my hands on you in 1 short week!!!

Lisa
              Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
              YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
              lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
              Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
              Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
              Currently not obstructed
              Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Yes Ma'am I'll behave now. Busted I guess. There are just times I gotta do something exciting! I'm an adrenaline junkie and I needed my fix.

Lisa I can't wait to see you next week! As long as I don't get a time out when I get there.

Mary

Comment

A funny Halloween Story.
                  At the end of July we moved into a new house. The house is high up and overlooks the houses across the street, my driveway is about 150 feet long and has a fair down grade to the street.
                  The first weekend my daughter came to visit and didn't set her parking brake well enough. Her car rolled down our driveway, across the street, across the lawn of the people across from us and was stopped from hitting their house by a tree just in front of the house.
                  It was very embarrassing the way we had to meet these people for the first time.
                  Halloween night, my wife and I went to Cher's last concert so we wouldn't be home to give out treats. We left a bowl of treats surrounded by two pumpkins at the top of our driveway for the kids to help themselves.
                  Yes, you guessed it.
                  We woke up the next morning and one of our pumpkins was missing, we thought kids had taken it, but no as we both stood at the top of our driveway looking down, there was our pumpkin in exactly the same spot as the car stopped.
                  We looked at each other, did scissor/paper and I lost.
                  I went down their neighbours driveway, snuck thru the bushes and picked it up.
                  It was early in the morning so I hope to God they didn't see me.
                  Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
                  So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
                  Good luck and stay well.
                  Glen

Comment

Glen, I love it! Thanks for the laugh!

Reenie
                    Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

Glen, great story. I think I'll use the scissors/paper thing today when hubby gets home, just to make him think he had a chance, but I'm not going to clean up the muddy mess of tire ruts out in the yard, regardless of who wins. Wonder how they got there...... Lind

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                      X