If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a Boy!!!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

mdolls68 Find out more about mdolls68
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Boy!!!

Hi All,

I haven't posted in awhile, but just wanted to let you all know I had a baby boy a month ago (Aug. 26th). He came a week early due to low amniotic fluid issues. He weighed 5 lbs 7 oz. He's healthy. 18" long. He's now nearly 7 lbs.

The labor/delivery was much harder than for my first child...but still pretty good compared to many women. I was in labor for 3.25 hrs. He was delivered naturally with no epidural, although I did require a little pain meds.

My blood pressure is struggling to come down, but the first 2 weeks after birth, it was dangerously high. The cardiologist is still working on adjusting my meds to see what will work with me. The hormones are starting to settle a little.

My cardiologist has given me the ok to workout again. She said with my LVH (left ventricular hypertrophy) that I can do any type of cardio I choose. I forgot to ask if racquetball would be ok or not. However, for weight lifting, she said to only do toning. No working to fatigue or failure. She doesn't want me to go until I feel the burn. Only to tone.

I was confused a bit that she said I could do any type of cardio including HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), but not to go to failure on WL. She said to also make sure I properly breathe with no holding my breath. I may hold off doing the HIIT type cardio and just stick with more aerobic stuff.

Here is a link for those who would like to see what our little boy looks like. Also, there are lots of pics of our daughter, family, and friends.

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.js...7_273214470103

Enjoy,
    Doris[/img]
    Blessings,
    Doris

Re: It's a Boy!!!

Doris, your family is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. Please take care of yourself and get your bp under good control. And give those kids a big hug for me.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Doris, Congratulations! Hope the BP is under control soon. Loved the pictures, Linda

Comment

Wonderful pictures and a beautiful family! Congratulations on the new arrival.

I heard about the snow in Tempe...I live in Phoenix. I hope you are enjoying the cool weather like I am now that we are only in the 90's to low 100's.

I hope your BP is undercontrol and you have a good recovery. Be gentle with yourself.

Give your babies a big squeeze from all of us and a gentle kiss from me.
        Love and Light,
        Sharon Bates

www.AnthonyBates.org

Comment

I tried to see the pics but it was not working... I am sure he is a cutie and keeping you on your toes!
          Congratulations. Re the excersise - I would suggest you have an evaluation about 3-4 months after the birth and see what the echo looks like at that time. Re the Hi-b/p working to keep that low is key...and sometimes hard to pin point what will work best, it can get frustrating to manage but I am sure you and your docs will find a good balance soon.

Best wishes,

Lisa
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Lisa,

Sorry about that. It was under maintenance, but the link should be working now.

Thanks,
            Doris
            Blessings,
            Doris

Comment

Thanks... Yes your son is a little doll....but your daughter!! Oh my what personality and well on the cute scale she maxs out!
              Congratulations on such a wonderful family, you all look very happy!

Lisa
              Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
              YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
              lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
              Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
              Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
              Currently not obstructed
              Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X