If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asking for thoughts & prayers for my mother

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Rene' Koenig Find out more about Rene' Koenig
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking for thoughts & prayers for my mother

I'm asking for prayers for my mother. She is in ICU with a pulmonary embolism and severe COPD. At this point, things do not look very well for her. Her breathing is extremely labored, and watching her struggle for every breath is heart wrenching!

She has been a full code up until today, which is her choice. She decided today that she did not want to be put on a vent...the Dr. said that it would be permanent...lungs are too damaged and she would not be able to be weaned off. I'm her POA and I'm thankful that she was alert enough to make the decision so I didn't have to. I can't even begin to imagine how she felt weighing the options like that to decide her fate.

Gosh, what a way to welcome in the new year.

Thanks.

Rene'

Dear René,
    One of my many conditions is COPD, but thankfully it has not progressed much beyond a diagnoses so far – although I am frequently SOB if I do more then sit. It’s not a fun thing. However, that does not disturb me with your mother’s condition as much as the pulmonary embolism, which is what I think put her in ICU in the first place.

Are the doctor’s doing anything to dissolve the clot? I certainly hope they can help restore your mom to her previous health. Let us all prey that the phrase, “It’s always darkest before the dawn” will hold true in this case as well.
    Burt

Comment

Rene, I hope that your mom is at least as comfortable as possible. I'll pray for strength for all of you.

Reenie
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Rene,
        I'm sorry your mother is having such a difficult time. She will be in our prayers as will your family.

I remember feeling much the same when my mother was able to make her own decision. It doesn't really make the whole thing any less painful, but there is a comfort in knowing you are able to do what she wants. It sounds like you are able to be with her instead of halfway across the country and I'm glad for that. Linda

Comment

Reenie.
          We will pray for your family, you and especially your mother.
          Peace,
          Leon
          God Squad co-moderator
          Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Thanks, Leon, I still need lots of prayers for my mom too, but just to confuse everyone, it's Rene that needs the extra prayers this weekend.

Reenie

*I was almost a Renee instead of Reenie and I get confusion over my name all the time.*
            Reenie

Husband has HCM.
            3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Reenie and Rene i will keep your mothers in my prayers

Shirley
              Diagnosed 2003
              Myectomy 2-23-2004
              Husband: Ken
              Son: John diagnosed 2004
              Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Rene,

I am also praying for all of you.

Rhoda

Comment

Rene

You and your family will be included in my prayers. Hopefully, your mother will get comfort from your love, the wisdom of the doctors and all the prayers that are being sent.

Take care
                  Esther

Comment

Rene,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you & your family.

Stuart & Barbara
                    Cleveland Myectomy Club
                    August 31, 2004

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                    X