If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new baby

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

michael obrien Find out more about michael obrien
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new baby

I have good news to report .We had a baby girl this past sun. she was 7 pds 7ozs. her name is Juliana. everything went fine thank God.She is so precious ,her foot is the size of my thumb its amazing.I was nervous during the delivery,but didnt experience any palpitations etc. again thank you God.Im trying to get my wife adjusted to changing diapers and keeping up on all the housework(that being womens work and all)only kidding.all is well for now.have a blessed day
    One day at a time.

Re: new baby

GONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On your buddle of JOY

Shirley
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Congratulations! I bet she's the most beautiful ever born! (At least till the next one ) Don't push it too much with your wife, you're treading dangerous ground there - I remember those days all too well. My husband was sure he was the most helpful guy ever to come along, we just didn't always see the same things that needed to be done. I guess.....
      Linda

Comment

Michael and family,
        Congratulations and welcome Juliana.
        Pam
        Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
        Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
        Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
        SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
        [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
        Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
        Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
        Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Hey Mike,
          Congratulations to you and your wife – and of course to that brand new tax deduction. As I recall, they cost one heck of a lot more then the money you save on taxes – but it sure is worth it anyway. Have you picked a collage for her yet? Stonybrook has a pretty good reputation, and she could still bring her laundry home for mom to do. That’s quite a saving right there.

I’ve lived in Hempstead (when I was first married), then had a house in East Meadow, and from there we moved out to the Township of Huntington. What part of Nassau do you live in? Maybe if we ever get back to the Island we could come see your bundle of joy – ya’ think?

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy – they grow up way to fast.
          Burt

Comment

Congratulations on your new addition to the family.

Before you know it she will be in kindergarten. Time certainly does fly. My daughter is 34 and I remember her birth. It was worth all the pain
            Esther

Comment

Congratulations on your

We hope she will like the baby she is and never

We trust that you will never have mornings like this
              or days like this

But most of all we pray for wisdom for you as parents and for all of you to have health and continued joy!

Rhoda

Comment

Michael.

Great, great news. The world can always use another "Irish Beauty".

Tigger1
                " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Originally posted by Laoshur
                  Congratulations on your

We hope she will like the baby she is and never

We trust that you will never have mornings like this
                  or days like this

But most of all we pray for wisdom for you as parents and for all of you to have health and continued joy!

Rhoda
                  What she said!

Reenie
                  Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                  3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Michael.
                    I am so happy for you! Your kids become almost more than life as time goes on. May your family always be bonded by the growth of the love you experience right now.

Peace,

Leon
                    God Squad co-moderator
                    Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Dear Micheal and family,
                      Blessings to you and yours for your new little precious addition. Enjoy your baby now and always.

Love and Light,
                      Sharon

Comment

May God guard you through each night and day
                        and ever watch above you...
                        May God smile on everything you do
                        and always... God love you.

An Irish Baby Blessing

Congratulations Michael and family on your beautiful new arrival! Be sure to post some pics in the photo section so we can all take a peek at her.

Jim
                        "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

There is nothing like as precious as a new baby!! Cherish each and every moment because they go by so fast!! My "baby" is 2 now nad I assure you the last two years have FLOWN by. May God bless you, your wife, and the little one!! Just remember a frazzeled new mom may not see the humor in the womans work stuff :P . I know you were joking but let me give you a tip that my husband missed. All those late night feedings and constant diaper changings are bonding time... even if it is a little rough. If you miss out on all that you are missing out on alot. Have fun and love every minute they are only that little once!!!
                          2.6 Septal Measurement
                          ICD Aug 2010 (pushed into it over 6 abnormal beats...hate it!!!)
                          "I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special"
                          ~Steel Magnolia's~

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

How exciting and wonderful!!

I am so happy for you and your family.
                            God bless your beautiful new baby and your entire family.

Hugs

Eileen
                            49 yrs. old
                            Diagnosed at 31.
                            Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
                            First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
                            Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
                            Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
                            My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
                            2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Congratulations!

Enjoy your new angel!

Lisa
                              Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                              YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                              lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                              Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                              Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                              Currently not obstructed
                              Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X