If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prayers for Sue

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers for Sue

A few months ago I let you all know that a friend of mine had a sister who was ill with cancer. Sue passed away on Saturday after a long fight. She was always a fighter and I will always remember her as one.
    My heart is breaking for my friend Nancy - I too have lost a sister - as have many of you - and that is something you never get over...only learn to live with.

God Bless Sue and please keep her children strong during this difficult time.

Peace,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: Prayers for Sue

We will pray for Sue and her family.
    Peace,

Leon
    God Squad co-moderator
    Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Yes ,
      I wil pray for Sue and her family too.

This is so sad. Whenever I hear about losing a sister ,I think about my very best friend Carol whom I was blessed with from 1st grade through til her death when we both turned 40. She had brain cancer and left 2 young daughters and a wonderfull family behind. She was a sister in every sense .

I feel badly for you Lisa and your friend and anyone else who loses their sisters. Life is long and can be very hard without the joys and comforts are sisters bring us.

Comfort and peace to you all.

Pam
      Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
      Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
      Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
      SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
      [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
      Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
      Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
      Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

My prayers will be with you Lisa and her family

Shirley
        Diagnosed 2003
        Myectomy 2-23-2004
        Husband: Ken
        Son: John diagnosed 2004
        Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Sue's family and friends will be in my prayers, Linda

Comment

Prayers are said from me too.

Reenie
            Reenie

Husband has HCM.
            3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Cancer is another horrible disease.

I pray for Sue's family and friends. It sounds as though they have lost a good person.

Lisa, you are in my prayers too. True friends are hard to find and they seem to pass away so suddenly.
              Esther

Comment

I send love and light to Sue & Nancy, their families and all those that have known Sue through her fight with cancer. May her memories be honored and others saved because of her life and fight.

May God Bless Sue, the latest angel touched through our message board and the lives of the HCMA!

Sharon

Comment

OK I know I am a little ..well pushing it today - on my way home from the hospital I stopped at the funeral home to see Nancy - Sues' sister. When I got there there was an ambulance there - Sues' mom was ill and needed medical attention.

This is a really sweet family who is in a great deal of pain now... please keep them in your prayers. I must admit the Nancy has been a rock and such a blessing to her entire family.

By the way you all kind of know a member of this family - that is if you have every heard of "Sponge Bob Square Pants" - Nancy is married to the creative director of the show Derek Drymon look for his name the next time you come across the show.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers I will share them with Nancy and her family.

Peace,
                  Lisa
                  Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                  YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                  lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                  Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                  Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                  Currently not obstructed
                  Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family, and especially with her mom.

This is so sad. May God give them strength, comfort and Love during this very difficult time.

Hugs to All

Eileen

P.S. My kids love Sponge Bob Square Pants. We have Sponge Bob everything. I look at Sponge Bob and his pet snail everyday. I love the "Krabby Patties"
                    Sponge Bob is a fun little character, very clever.
                    49 yrs. old
                    Diagnosed at 31.
                    Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
                    First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
                    Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
                    Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
                    My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
                    2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

I am not a religeous man, but prayer can come in many forms. I know all too well the pain of loss from cancer. Loss from any reason too soon is heartbreaking. I send out my heartfelt wishes for the family and to you Lisa. It is a sad thing to lose people we know and painful when they were a person who touched us in some way. Peace be with you.

Doug
                      NEMC's (Boston) First Myectomy 7-22-2003

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                      X