If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

God Bless a good friend

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Bless a good friend

Stanley S. Schwartz is a name you should all know - He was the one attorney in the USA who had the courage to question those responsible for my sisters death. He was the ONE person who said - we must take action. Because of him thousands of people with HCM will have better care and honest data to detirmine our treatments on.
    This morning Stanley passed away while on his treadmill at home in Michigan.

Stanley has helped us change the world and we honor his memory today.

He has done many good deeds on earth - many mitzvahs - I hope his famlily may take comfort in the knowledge that he helped so many. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, colleagues and many friends.

God bless Stanley!

Sincerely,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: God Bless a good friend

Lisa

My thoughts and prayers are with the family, and he will be missed

Shirley
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

It sounds like Stanley lived a very full life and was able to accomplish many great things in his time here on earth. May his family feel comforted in all the good Stanley did. May their grief turn to a celebration of his life.
      Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
      Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
      Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
      SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
      [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
      Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
      Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
      Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

"He who Saves one life, Saves the entire World"

Schindler's list.

God Bless to those who help to change our world.

mary S.

Comment

My prayers go out to Stanley Schwartz, his family, his friends and to all those that were touched by his compassionate heart. His heart and his action made a difference while he lived. His heart and spirit will go on though all the great works here at the HCMA!

Love and Light,
          Sharon

Comment

My thoughts and Prayers go out to all of his Family and Friends. It does take alot or courage to fight hcm back, that God for people like this.
            Jen

Comment

WOW

I live in Michigan & I was not familiar with the story of Mr. Schwartz. I will be sure to read his Obit & make a Donation to the Charity of his choice. Lisa, if you would like I can send you a copy of the Obit from the Jewish News. Let me know
              RONNIE

Comment

Please do forward any press clipping to me. This man - whom many of you never heard of truly has changed your lives ... for the better.
                Thank you for all your kind posts. I will be printing them out and mailing them to his family in a few days -please continue to share your thought.

Lisa
                Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                Currently not obstructed
                Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Thank you to Stanley. His family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers. Linda

Comment

A lawyer of great worth, and I don’t hear about him until he’s gone.

It is said there are worthy people in this world on whom the fate of the world rests. They may not even know themselves who they are, but their living example keeps the world in its proper orbit.

To the family and friends who knew Stanley I acknowledge your pain, but you will have the memory of this man forever. His work here is now done. May you find peace in the memory of his good works and shining examples.
                    Burt

Comment

We need more people like Stanley Schwartz in this world. Although I did not know him, I wish I had. People of conviction and courage, such as him, come around far too seldom. A great person to model.

He left a mark on the world that can perhaps be a comfort to his family.

Debbie

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                      X