If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

God is awesome in all he does!!!!!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Beverly Find out more about Beverly
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God is awesome in all he does!!!!!

Hey everyone,

Most of you read my husbands post abou me being daiagnosed with end stage hcm and that we are on our way to MN so we can have Dr. Maron as my primary cardiologist. Well in the mist of not so great news. an adoption that hasn't gone through yet, and having a 14 year old niece that has lived with us for 2years and would have to make a very difficult decision God has totally worked it out for us.

In saying all that, for those of you who do not believe in the man upstairs I hope you will after hearing this. I have had hcm since I was tiny and diagnosed when I was 14 years old. I have always had horrible symptoms and as the years go on they get worse. I just happened to come across HCMA after continued research and talked to Lisa because I really wanted to have a baby. She gave a few names of doctors and it just so happens that my husbands side of the family live in the MN and WI area. We already had our vacation planned to go visit our family so I decided well I will attempt to get in with Dr. Maron to get some straight answers about what stage I'm in and if I was able to get pregnant. And I was able to be seen during the time I was in MN.

Okay so the news wasn't great but the story is. Steve and I have been put together from the very start. We had both been through a nasty hurtful divorce due to an unfaithful spouse. And if any of you have ever gone through that then you understand what that can do to your self esteem. I had prayed for God to send me a Godly man who would understand the pain I had been through and that would help me trust agian. We are foster parents and have had 13 children in the last 5 years. I prayed for an adoption and constantly would have to give up the children that I had put my whole huge heart into. Well a year ago we took on three wonderful children who have massive emotional needs knowing that we could adopt them. When finding out this news we were afraid of what the County would do and if the adoption would hold us up from moving. Our niece has lived with us for 2 years and has had a very difficult life but has done beautiful despite her history. We only bought our home a year ago and were afraid wether it would sell fast and if we could even break even on it. And we find all this out on June 22nd and we felt we should attempt to be there before school for the kids sake.

So here's the miracles of prayers being answered. First the County was wonderful and has pushed for the adoption to get done fast and our final date is August 24th!!!!!!!!!! Second our niece decided on her own that she will come with us because she needs stability and a Godly home. Third we found a home in MN 15 minutes from our realatives. Fourth our home just sold for over our asking price in 4days!!!!!!!! Fifth my husbands job job has offices in MN and they have agreed to relocate him at the same salary and he can work from home 80 percent of the time. Now if that isn't God working overtime then I don't know what you will call it.

My husband is also giving up his part in a christian quartet to make this move happen and I just want every spouse out there to take your vows as serious as you can because your marriage is the rock of what your family is about and if we don't keep that rock firm then it will all falter.

God bless and I pray that God continues to amaze us each and every day!

Re: God is awesome in all he does!!!!!

Bev -
    Yes God has been very good to you! I do think part of it is because you have maintained such a great attitude!

Sometimes things happen for a reason - it just takes time for those reasons to be seen!

Be well,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Bev. I believe and am so happy for you.
      Leon
      God Squad co-moderator
      Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Beverly i'm so happy for you and your new family, you take care and yes there is a reason for everything i really believe that

Shirley
        Diagnosed 2003
        Myectomy 2-23-2004
        Husband: Ken
        Son: John diagnosed 2004
        Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Beverly -

That is all wonderful news!!! I hope things continue to go well for you are your entire family.

SheliRenee

Mom of Keanu
          4 years old (will be in March)
          Dx at 2 days old with Biventricular hypertrophy
          Dx at 6 weeks with HOCM
          Dx at 5 months with V-tach
          Dx at 3 with Noonan Syndrome

Comment

Beverly -

That is all wonderful news!!! I hope things continue to go well for you are your entire family.

SheliRenee

Mom of Keanu
            4 years old (will be in March)
            Dx at 2 days old with Biventricular hypertrophy
            Dx at 6 weeks with HOCM
            Dx at 5 months with V-tach
            Dx at 3 with Noonan Syndrome

Comment

Bev, I'm so happy for you. Best wishes for you and the family. Please keep us posted. Linda

Comment

What a story! I'm glad that all has worked out so well for you. I pray the entire move goes as well as the whole summer has.

Reenie
                Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                X