If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For you, Lisa

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Linda Find out more about Linda
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you, Lisa

We've had two messages today of tragic loses. Those families will need a tremendous amount of support and help to make it through the time ahead. I pray they are surrounded by friends and families, all able to help one another daily, taking turns being the strong one, helping each other along. It is a great tribute to you, Lisa, that you were contacted by them so quickly during this time of overwelming grief. It shows one more time, what a cohesive family we have all become. The importance Lisa plays in so many lives just can't be described. Lisa, I know you also are grieving for and with these families. Please take care of yourself. You've done a wonderful job of leading, guiding, encouraging everyone here to help each other on the message board and we will all carry on for you. You have some very busy times coming up, don't forget to follow your own advice, get some rest and DRINK, DRINK, DRINK. Meanwhile, you also, will be in my prayers tonite - a prayer of thanks for you and all you do and a prayer for your well-being in the future. If I remember correctly, didn't Connie give you a CD some time ago with a song on it - "Angels Among Us"? It's very fitting. Thanks again. Linda

Re: For you, Lisa

Lisa,

I am so happy that you entered my life at just the right time. You've been an awesome "Aunt" Lisa to me for the past couple of years. I really don't have blood family. But the family I have here is completly amazing and I've appreciated it more than anything in the world! Pretty cool that I got an Aunt Lisa and a Grandpa Burt.

Without all of your loving support and nagging I don't know where I would be right now! So yes I thank G-d everyday because I have so many wonderful people in my life!

I hope all of these families that have suffered a tragic loss will have the strength to keep going in these trying times.

Sincerly,

Mary S.

Comment

Thank you both for your very kind words. The community we have built have made the bad days better and the good days wonderful.

There are many events that occure each day that are not reported on the message board, some sad...some happy. Each of these events works to shape the HCMA and make us stronger. I hope soon to significantly expand the service we offer to provide more to each member.

Thank you all for YOUR support, without it... I doubt we would have made it this far.

Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I just wanted to throw my thanks in here as well. Lisa, your knowledge and caring as been such a blessing to many - including myself and Dylan. Words on a bulletin board can hardly express the gratitude I feel for all you've done for us. I know sometimes it's probably really hard when bad things happen, but I hope there are many good times when you can smile to yourself and feel a huge sense of accomplishment and fulfillment for everything you've done for us.

Dee
        Dee, Mom to Dylan
        (Almost 7 yrs old, HOCM, Endocarditis/Stroke 1/01, Myectomy/Valve Repair 4/04)

Comment

- I smile everytime I see Dylans picture!
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Working...
          X