If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cross

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Glen Beamish Find out more about Glen Beamish
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cross

A young man was at the end of his rope, seeing no way out, he dropped to his knees in prayer, "Lord, I can't go on, I have too heavy a cross to bear."
    The Lord replied, "My son, if you can't bear its weight, just place your cross inside this room. Then, open that other door and pick out any cross you wish."
    The man was filled with relief and said, "Thank you Lord," and he did as he was told.
    Upon entering the other room, he saw many crosses; some so large the tops were not visible. Then, he spotted a tiny cross leaning against a far wall.
    "I'd like that one Lord," he whispered. The Lord replied, "My son, that is the cross you just brought in."

When life's problems seem overwhelming, it helps to look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself far more fortunate than you imagine.

YOUR CROSS

Whatever your cross
    Whatever your pain
    There will always be sunshine
    After the rain
    Perhaps you may stumble
    Perhaps even fall
    But God's always there
    To help you through it all.

Funny how you can send a thousand jokes through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about passing it on.
    Funny isn't it, when you go to forward this message, how many on your buddy list will not receive it because you're not sure they believe in anything.
    Funny? No!
    Sad and thought provoking.
    A friend of mine sent this e-mail to me this morning, I'm glad she did.[/b]
    Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
    So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
    Good luck and stay well.
    Glen

Re: The Cross

Amen, Linda

Comment

Very Nice Glen!
      Tammy

Comment

Wonderful Glen and I often ponder that forwarding of email myself. However, I am getting to where I will forward it because I could be wrong and they may read it.

- Anna

Comment

Many visitors here to the HCMA's message board are from various religions reaching all over the globe.
          I myself was raised Lutheran - Mom was Lutheran - Dad was Catholic. I married a "good" Jewish boy and am raising my daughter to understand and respect all religions and belief systems.
          Regardless of your religion...the knowledge that there is something, someone guiding and helping us all through each day is very comforting.

We each pray in our own way... and I am sure we all share one common prayer...Good health for those we love and the chance to wake in the morning to enjoy yet one more day.

We can share jokes freely via email...sharing thoughts that are "deeper" is something that I think the world could benefit from.
          Peace to all,
          Lisa
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X