If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message on a mirror

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

maztbo grew up in boston,but live on the cape now with my wife and three teenagers Find out more about maztbo
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message on a mirror

12 year old Athena Orchard of Ohio died last month from cancer and left a 3000 word message on the back of a mirror here are a few exurbs from it.

"Happiness is a direction not a destination."

"Every day is special, so make the most of it."

"You could get a life-ending illness tomorrow so make the most of every dayÖ Life is only bad if you make it bad."

"Love is not about who you can see spending your future with itís about who you canít see spending your life without."

"Life is a game for everyone but love is the only prize."

"Maybe itís not about the happy ending, maybe itís about the story."

"You know my name, not my story."

"You have heard what Iíve done, but not what Iíve been through."

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose."

"Happiness depends upon ourselves."

"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."

"Thank you for existing. Be happy, be free, believe, forever young."

"If someone loves you then they wouldnít let you slip away no matter how hard the situation is."

"Remember that life is full of ups and downs, without the downs the ups donít mean anything."

"Iím waiting to fall in love with someone I can open my heart to."

"Love is like glass, looks so lovely, but itís easy to shatter."

"Love is rare, life is strange, nothing lasts and people change."

"Every day is special, so make the most of it. You could get a life-ending illness tomorrow so make the most of every day."

"Life is only bad if you make it bad."
    had HCM since birth
    'enlarged heart' identified in 96'
    HOCM dx in 7/08
    Myectomy 8/09
    extended Myectomy 5/10
    'End stage' HCM dx 8/10
    CRT-D implanted 9/10
    evaluated for Transplant 11/10
    Listed for transplant 6/11

Re: Message on a mirror

Love it, John. Thanks for sharing.
    Onward and Upward !

Diagnosed 4/07 HCM with fixed & dynamic obstruction
    Myectomy with resected cordonae tendonae 4/08 CCF
    ICD 10/08

Comment

This is both wonderful and heartfelt, maztbo. Thank you very much for sharing it with us. God bless.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
      X