If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small update on me...

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Reenie Find out more about Reenie
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small update on me...

Hi. I just wanted to let you all know that my appointment that is scheduled next week on the 18th will not be the EP study but will be the initial consult with the EP doctor. I'm still working on getting old records sent to me so that I can give the doctor concrete information on my medical history. Please pray that the records situation goes smoothly and that I get all the information I need when I go next week.

Thanks,
    Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Hey Rennie,

My experience with records transfer is call every day until they are received ,dont worry about making them mad because if they cared about you,you would all ready have them good luck Rich
    Allways remember you cannot control the wind!!
    However you can adjust your sails!!

Comment

Thanks Rich. I've been trying that. The problem is that some of my records are at a military base in Japan. I've contacted them weekly since the first of the year and I still don't have them. I guess I should be thankful that they found them at all. When we left there in May last year they had lost them completely. It took me writing directly to a nurse who had last handled them to find them 8 months later. Records dept there stinks! Oh well, gotta keep truckin', I guess.
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

Hey Reenie! Us being of the military sort I wanted to ask you something? Has your hubby tried talking to his First Sgt about the problem you are having obtaining those records in Japan? It would probably take one quick phone call from him to somebody's NCOIC or OIC over there to get it taken care of. Just thought I'd ask. I know at one point my ex and I had to request the help of his First Sgt. to get some things resolved with the medical clinic here. Of course this meaning he is enlisted and not an officer and I don't know who he'd ask if he is an officer. The nature of the beast so to speak!! I will keep you in my prayers and good luck on the records quest.

~ Misty
        Good friends are good for your health.
        --Irwin Sarason

Comment

Hi Misty. The weird part of our situation here is that we aren't at a regular base and the nearest base is 100 miles away. They are our processing center. I did have that base send a formal request for the records in August or September but they never got any results. What I finally did was write directly to a nurse for the physician's assistant who I had last seen, explained when I was there last, and that my records had been missing since. He wrote back within 2 hours saying he had found my records. He handed me over to the records dept at that point to get it all transferred. That was Jan 2. I still don't have my records. I had mailed them a memo on Feb 10 to release the original records to Edwards Air Force Base and to have copies sent directly to me, but either they never got it or they lost it. I emailed them again on Mon to check up on that and they asked that I fax them the memo. Now, why didn't they follow up since Feb 10? I told them it was mailed? Who knows. I'm very upset with them. If I don't get a copy in about a week, I'm writing directly to the medical group commander. He'll put a fire under their pants for sure. Sorry this turned out so long. I'm just fed up with them. But thank you for thinking of me and trying to help me figure this all out.
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

UPDATE ON RECORDS!!
            They finally sent my records to me yesterday. Now, I wonder how long mail takes to run here from Japan? Hmmm. At least one hurdle is crossed.
            Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

Yeah!!!! I am so glad that was resolved. So the 18th is just a pre-procedure thing right? I'll keep you in my prayers! Take care,
              Misty
              Good friends are good for your health.
              --Irwin Sarason

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X