If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

welcome

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welcome

Welcome to the new message board.
    We are still working on getting this portion up and running. We will soon have several moderators on this board with various backgrounds in various religions. We hope you will find this a comforting place to share your spirtiual side and allow room for prayer and reflection.
    We hope that you find this a welcome addition to the site and do hope each of you respect the view points of others.
    Sincerely,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Hey Lisa! I'm here!
    I guess I'm one of the 'God Squad' people (Lisa's terminology?) so I'll check in and try to help out - my e-mail is in my profile if anyone needs it as well. I'll give more info on myself elsewhere.
    "We come into the world and take our chances, fate is just the weight of circumstances - that's the way the lady luck dances...roll the bones." - Rush

Comment

Dave will be a co-moderator on this board...he will be set up shortly
      THANKS DAVE!

Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Ok, so here's a little more info on me. I'm 32, married for 11 years to Christie, and have an 18 month old little boy - Richard. I was diagnosed w/ non-obstructive HCM when I was 26. At the time I owned a floor cleaning company and was playing drums in several bands, as well as teaching the Old Testament to a college group. Obviously the floor cleaning and band had to stop. My cardiologist recommended that I apply for disability which I finally got after a few years.
        It's five years later and I'm partially on disability and pastoring a church part-time. It's Calvary Chapel (of Saline County) near Little Rock Arkansas http://www.forumco.com/calvary/ (the website's a little cheesy right now - needs to be re-vamped). If you'd like more info about the Calvary Chapel movement check out the main site at http://www.calvarychapel.org/
        Hope I can be of help to you guys. Feel free to ask me anything or just spout off!
        "We come into the world and take our chances, fate is just the weight of circumstances - that's the way the lady luck dances...roll the bones." - Rush

Comment

Hi Dave!

Hi! It's Traci! Mindi's sister. How have you been doing? I've heard about the new program you will be starting in Boston. Good luck on that. I don't blame you for blowing off the NIH. I hope Boston works out for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Traci

Comment

Hi Traci! We just ate Mexican food with Mindi and your Dad about an hour ago! And I talked to your other sister Kelly(i?) on the phone while we were there - pretty wild.
            We're talking to Boston, but we're also looking at the Cleveland Clinic since Mindi and Lance will be going there now - we'd like to all go together if possible.

Comment

Dave,

I just gotta say, I love the signature line. Can I borrow it for a sig on another board?

Reenie
              Reenie

Husband has HCM.
              3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Sure- borrow away. Believe it or not, the quote comes from an obscure but very cool PC game series called 'Thief.' I thought it was pretty profound (for a computer game) and I stole it...

Comment

Dave,

Cool story. Thanks for the loaner.

Reenie
                  Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                  3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Working...
                  X