If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exercise stress test and exercising

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Wizedkyle Find out more about Wizedkyle
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exercise stress test and exercising

Barbara - Thank you for your kind words. As to your request - I am a firm believer that peace comes from knowledge. For some, religion gives them hope. I think that belief and knowledge of ones religion fulfills this requirement and peace is the end result. If we (the royal we) know what to expect, we can prepare. Once we prepare, all we can do is what thought was the right thing to do, but know that things don't always happen as we expect. Still, we know what the goal is and we strive to direct ourselves towards that - a little at a time.
    As to my "handle" Quietly going insane, you'd have to understand my life. When I DX, I was 47, married for 25 years, 3 boys. Picture postcard right? In reality, my marriage was crumbling, I'd lost many jobs during the recession, the FBI raided my house, my sister had just died recovering from a valve job (non-HCM related), my mother would pass within a year. Oh, and I needed a Myectomy. Survival was all I could do. Since then the chaos of my life continues, but in many different ways. Some good, some bad. Some happy, some sad - you get the picture. I've accepted "the new normal", and all its trials and tribulations. I still chip away at my goal, its all anyone can do.
    There is also medication - it does wonders keeping me peaceful!
    In all seriousness, Just like HCM affects us all differently, our reaction to it both mentally and physically differs for us all. Coming here and sharing brings knowledge to many. Keep learning.
    Marc
    Diagnosed @ 48
    Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
    Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
    AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
    After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
    Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

Re: Exercise stress test and exercising

Thank you Marc. I will do as you say and keep learning. Thank you also for sharing the meaning behind your handle. I am sorry for the loss of your Mom and sister, the jobs, the fbi raid, and your marital troubles. That must have been a very difficult time. I hope it helps to know that you are providing much help to folks like me who are struggling with hcm. By helping others - God sees your kindness.

Be well.
      Barbara

Originally posted by mbcube View Post
      Barbara - Thank you for your kind words. As to your request - I am a firm believer that peace comes from knowledge. For some, religion gives them hope. I think that belief and knowledge of ones religion fulfills this requirement and peace is the end result. If we (the royal we) know what to expect, we can prepare. Once we prepare, all we can do is what thought was the right thing to do, but know that things don't always happen as we expect. Still, we know what the goal is and we strive to direct ourselves towards that - a little at a time.
      As to my "handle" Quietly going insane, you'd have to understand my life. When I DX, I was 47, married for 25 years, 3 boys. Picture postcard right? In reality, my marriage was crumbling, I'd lost many jobs during the recession, the FBI raided my house, my sister had just died recovering from a valve job (non-HCM related), my mother would pass within a year. Oh, and I needed a Myectomy. Survival was all I could do. Since then the chaos of my life continues, but in many different ways. Some good, some bad. Some happy, some sad - you get the picture. I've accepted "the new normal", and all its trials and tribulations. I still chip away at my goal, its all anyone can do.
      There is also medication - it does wonders keeping me peaceful!
      In all seriousness, Just like HCM affects us all differently, our reaction to it both mentally and physically differs for us all. Coming here and sharing brings knowledge to many. Keep learning.

Comment

Working...
      X