If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCMA trivia... and the Clergy...

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCMA trivia... and the Clergy...

[HCMA trivia... and the Clergy...]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 11-03-02 16:19

This is just an interesting side note:

As a human resource manager and patient advocate I often ask a new member what their occupation is. I do this for several reasons, mostly I am checking to make sure that an occupation that someone has a not be placing them in harm due to their HCM... Further we all have rights under the ADA and FMLA that you may not be aware of, so I am checking to ensure your rights are upheld A.

At this moment I do believe the largest number of members who participate in the same occupation are clergymen from just abound every religion under the sun. Why do I mention this fact? Well... I am not an extremely religious person however, I do believe that there's a far greater power guiding our way. The way I figure it if we have so many religions, philosophy's and caring people as members of the HCMA we have a pretty good line of communication to the powers that be.

I do like to maintain confidentiality of our membership so I will not mention who among you are members of the clergy. But I will ask you for favor... keep us all in your prayers !

Best wishes,

Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: HCMA trivia... and the Clergy...]

Author: Dave Johnson (---.lr.anc.net)

Date: 11-03-02 22:41

I'm a member of the 'Clergy' (though I'm not really sure what that word means..!). I'm the pastor of Calvary Chapel in Little Rock, AR. I don't look like a pastor (I have really long hair, and am not your typical uptight - serious-all-the-time preacher-type). I have two people in my congregation with serious heart problems and one of them with HCM (not including myself). I actually do pray for all you guys - not by name of course, because I don't know everybody.

The main thing I pray is that by your example of making the most out of life, in the midst of a difficult situation, that others around you will realize how blessed they are to have thier health, thier families, thier ability to work, run, play, etc. I pray for other things as well, but I won't bore you here...

I don't like to proselytize, and I don't say this so that I can beat anyone over the head with a Bible, but if anyone needs to talk or whatever, I'm totally available - just e-mail me personally.

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 11-04-02 08:14

Thanks Dave... you were one of the ones I was speaking of and I thank you for your posting.

Lisa

Author: Charlie Heater (---.bgk.bellsouth.net)

Date: 11-04-02 10:19

I fit this category. I am pastor of the First Church of God in East Point, Ky. We are located in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky. I have been pastoring 30 years but was only diagnosed with HCM last year. This web site has been extremely helpful. I also enjoyed talking to Lisa. It was very informative and comforting. As a matter of fact we even talked about the number of clergy with HCM. I will be praying and if I can be of any help otherwise please feel free to contact me.

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 11-04-02 11:11

Charlie.. it was our conversation that lead me to ... well go public with our large population of clergy!

I thought the members would find it comforting that you guys are puting in a good word for us all!

Best wishes,

Lisa

Author: Leon Miller (---.cap.east.verizon.net)

Date: 11-04-02 13:36

Wow! Who would have thought that clergy would be so well represented on this board. I too am a pastor. Lisa do we carry a defective gene or something that likns HCM and clergy work?

Leon

Author: Diane C (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 11-04-02 14:50

WOW!. This is awesome. I attend Calvary Chapel of Carson Valley in NV. It is definitely nice to know that somebody clear accross the US also is praying for you. I will defintely be praying for all of you.

Lisa you really have set up a good website. It is awesome to be able to talk about your fears and have your questions answered.

Author: john jordan (---.public.lawson.webtv.net)

Date: 11-08-02 23:35

it is nice to be supported by others as one deals with illness. these past months as i had myectomy and two bypasses at the CCF it was most assuring to have the support of the HCMA as well as my parishoners who i had been pastoring over this past year. now that i am back in the parish the support of all of u as well as my parishoners has been a grace i am most grateful for, now and forever. amen. john
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X