If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple words say so much

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple words say so much

[Simple words say so much]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 11-01-02 20:33

A few weeks ago one of the HCMA's medical advisors called me to discuss several issues. This is one of the really good guys (I will leave out names) and he was amazed at how many HCM patients were finding there way from all over the country to his office. He said, to paraphrase... that website of yours is really something...it is amazing to see all those people talking, educating themselves and getting good care. I said, "I know” He then paused and said something very sweet, again to paraphrase. You took something so bad (the death of my sister) and turned it into something so good...

Well for a moment I was speechless... OK OK I know that does not happen often...

I was taken by surprise by the comment and I did not even think of what to say...the words just came out…

I said, "Thanks for noticing"

Over the years many members of the medical community have been so supportive and each has complimented the work of the HCMA. Many have said very nice things and have shown support in many many ways. But this comment hit dead on... and for anyone who may think that the drive behind the HCMA has changed over the years, you’re wrong. With each email, posting, phone call or letter...it is Lori that is the driving force, it is my sister who can not speak for herself, it is my sister who was robbed of a future, it is the mother who did not see her children grow, it is the Aunt who never saw her niece and it is the overwhelming internal drive I have to NEVER let another person know the pain of loss. It is also the smile on Lori's face when she saw her children, her laugh, her wit, her strength it is her spirit that let me smile again...it is her optimistic view of the world and her efforts to make life better for all those with HCM.

So to my dear friend with those kind words, Thanks...They meant more then you thought.

From the bottom of heart...

Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Simple words say so much]

Author: Tim Stewart (---.dsl.dytnoh.ameritech.net)

Date: 11-01-02 20:50

Amen.

Author: Linda (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 11-01-02 23:58

Lisa, "It is also the smile on Lori's face when she saw her children, her laugh, her wit, her strength it is her spirit that let me smile again...it is her optimistic view of the world and her efforts to make life better for all those with HCM." These are the things that I remember about Lori, a perfect description of such a special person. She always chuckled a bit when she talked about you. She was one of your early mentors, and still leading the way, right? Linda

Author: Patricia wonderly (---.56.239.242.Dial1.Buffalo1.Level3.net)

Date: 11-02-02 10:50

Lisa:

I'm sure we all agree that we can't thank you enough for pursuing your goals in your sister's honor. We have all benefited from your drive.

Thanks!!

Author: Sharon (---.ph.ph.cox.net)

Date: 11-02-02 12:24

Lisa,

I truly wish I had known your sister, Lori. She must have been a great friend. Your work and the growing efforts of the HCMA are a daily tribute to Lori! She smiles at you from her post in heaven. Her life will always be honored in your works. God Bless Lori, her children, her sister, and all her family here honoring her and loving her memories.

With your guidance, the efforts of many, including myself, will make this world a better place. I am honored to be a part of your tribute to Lori. Also, I am honored to be a part of making this world a better place for the many with HCM, diagnosed and undiagnosed. We all can make a difference.

The future is bright so keep shining!

You are truly a leader that will make the difference, Lisa!

Sharon

Author: Mary Catania (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 11-02-02 13:11

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for sharing what the doctor said to you. What you have done in Lori's memory has been a Godsend to so many. You have spoken for all of our lost loved ones, for all of us who suffer, for all who will suffer in the future.

Thank you, Lisa.

Mary

Author: Larry (---.ppp.fcc.net)

Date: 11-02-02 13:16

Lisa, whomever this doctor is that can render you speechless is a person I need to meet!!! I need to pick up some pointers and compare notes!! -

Author: Dolly (Andrew's mom) (---.pressenter.com)

Date: 11-02-02 14:13

Lisa,

Isn't it amazing how some people can talk for an hour and really not "say much", and others can say something so special in just a few words!!!

But he was so right and spoke for many of us! We appreciate daily everything you have done in honor of Lori's memory!

Dolly

Author: Janessa (---.dialsprint.net)

Date: 11-03-02 01:15

I have been telling EVERYONE that I have found a group of people, finally, that can relate to me. Here over the past few days I have been so touched: moved to tears, moved to smile, even laughing out loud with relief that there really are more like me . AND STILL I REMAIN AMAZED that so many have shared in the daily struggle, the physical pain and most important to me, the loss of so many of our loved ones.

What a beautiful person you are that you could step outside of your pain and help so many others.

I learned of this site through a genetics spec at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore.

Your love for your sister and your celebration of her life has touched my life, and obviously many others, more than you may ever know. Thank you. Stay blessed.

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 11-03-02 15:16

thank you all for your kind words. Those who knew Lori understand what I said, those who know how odd is for me to be speechless can surely understand what those simple words meant to me, and for those few who did not have the opportunity to me my sister... I assure you she is present on this board every day.

Sincerely,

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X