If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland Clinic Comment (good)

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Clinic Comment (good)

[Cleveland Clinic Comment (good)]

Author: Jerry Salzman (---.indy.rr.com)

Date: 10-31-02 10:01

Hi All,

I just wanted to mention what a great response I got yesterday from Dr. Asher at the Cleveland Clinic. Yesterday I called to let Dr. Asher know about the fliud around my lungs and to get his opinion. I left a message and his secretary called me back in about 10 minutes. As we talked she wrote a note to Dr. Asher. Normally when I call a doctor I get a call back either from the nurse or hours later. Dr. Asher called me back within the hour. WOW, what great people.

By the way, he told me the fluid is a side effect of the surgery not that uncommon and will not be anything permanent. My local doctors said mostly the same thing but they are unsure of what is going on. It is obvious they just have not seen enough cases.

Jerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Cleveland Clinic Comment (good)]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 11-01-02 08:33

Funny thing I have learned about these HCM docs... they really are different then the rest...they have shown a real concern for patients as PEOPLE not just a face in the office! Simple things like a return call... well ... it says so much!

Lisa

Author: Robert Hartwell (---.focal6.interaccess.com)

Date: 11-01-02 14:16

Absolutly!!!!

I can't begin to describe the effort that Dr. Lever at CCF and his office staff have made on my behalf with my insurance companies and my work. Karen, his personal assistant and I are real good buddies right now and I know that he has personally set my medical insurance company straight. Given the number of patients, I am suprised that he has time to practice medicine.

When I spoke with Dr. Lytle, the surgeon, there was nothing else but him and my family. I only wish these guys were closer to Chicago.

Bob

Author: john jordan (---.public.lawson.webtv.net)

Date: 11-02-02 21:18

i too have nothing but praise for CCF. dr. asher and dr. smedira and their staffs are the greatest in helping me through the myectomy, before during and after. all the support people as well as nursing and medical could not do enough for me and my family. im grateful im only a few hours from them. john

Author: Edlyn (---.rasserver.net)

Date: 11-02-02 23:41

I'm still here at the Clinic waiting for the myectomy and mitral valve surgery and will also attest to the great staff here. Dr. Lever is the best!!! I haven't met Dr. Lytle yet but I am expecting to meet as terrific a person (and Dr.) as is Dr. Lever. Put me on their fan club too, even all the way from Southern California.!

Edlyn

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 11-03-02 15:50

Can I going to have to rename this is the I love the Cleveland clinic message board? I am only joking they have a wonderful team of caring doctors and a fabulous support staff they deserve all the praise they receive.

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X