If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAMP ODAYIN

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAMP ODAYIN

[CAMP ODAYIN]

Author: Julie Petitpas (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 10-30-02 15:18

Hi Everyone!

I just watched this wonderful show called LIFE MOMENTS, It had a story about a young woman who had a diffibulator/pacemaker put in her. She didn't even know she had a heart condition. Later that year she voluntered at a camp in California for kids with Heart Disease.

Two years later she opened her own camp in Minnesota where she is from. It's called CAMP ODAYIN. The camp is free for kids with heart diesase. All they ask is for a $25.00 registartion fee. It is staffed with 30+ volunteers and has a full medical team on staff.

I just thought I'd bring this to your attention because it is truly an inspirational story. I'm going to look for a website. If I find it I will let you know.

Julie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: CAMP ODAYIN]

Date: 10-30-02 15:23

I found the website. It is as easy as www. campodayin.com

Check it out. ODAYIN is the indian word for HEART

Julie

Author: Dolly (Andrew's mom) (---.pressenter.com)

Date: 10-30-02 15:50

Andrew attended this camp and was there when the show was filmed. There were SEVERAL shots of him on the show Naturaly we video taped it and were quite excited to see Andrew on TV

I posted to Andrew's update web page about it after he attended in August. http://www.designsbydolly.com/andrew/update2001.html

Sara is a VERY special person and has done a WONDERFUL thing for our kids!!

Dolly

Date: 10-30-02 15:52

P.S.

I should also mention ALL the people who volunteered for this week long camp! The counselors, nurses and cardiologists! What WONDERFUL people they all are.

Andrew's cardiologist happens to be the medical director for the camp and volunteered his time that week.

BIG THANKS TO THEM ALL!!!!!

Dolly

Date: 10-30-02 16:02

Dolly,

It is so nice to hear from someone who has experienced this wonderful place. I even took the time to write Sara a letter to tell how inspirational she is. I'm glad Andrew enjoyed himself. I probably saw him and didn't even know it. Do you live in the Minnesota area or somewhere else? Have a magical day.

Julie

Date: 10-30-02 16:31

We live in Wisconsin near the WI/MN border. We are about 4 1/2 hours from the camp.

It was Andrew's first summer camp. We had been searching for a couple years for a camp that Andrew could attend in th eupper midwest. Unfortunately he was denied at every camp because of his heart condition. There are cancer camps, diabetes camps, Down syndrome camps, ADHD camps, etc...... in this part of the US, but there was NOTHING for heart kids! It was so discouraging for me and sad for Andrew!

I can not express enough what a wonderful thing this is that Sara has done for these heart kids!!!

Dolly
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X