If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

off to Boston

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off to Boston

[off to Boston]

Author: mary Sharp (---.net338.fl.sprint-hsd.net)

Date: 10-30-02 14:24

Well everyone it looks like it is finally going to happen. I fly out to Boston tomorrow to have my ICD implanted. The actual procedure will be on Friday.

I almost thought it was going to be canceled at the last minute because my referrals got disregarded because my primary physicans practice decided to split without informing any of the patients. So I got a phone call yesterday about this and I almost freaked out. That was the last thing I needed. I am already a little anxious about this whole ordeal and then what they put my through yesterday was just mind wrenching. I am so tired that I just want a nap but I have work and i still have to pack before in the morning but things will work out I'm sure.

Just a special thanks to Lisa and Sarah for giving me that little push to go to the Dr.s in Boston. it has made all the difference and I think I actually feel a bit better just knowing this isn't all in my mind.

Wish me luck on Friday!

mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: off to Boston]

Author: Erica (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

Date: 10-30-02 14:26

Best of luck Mary! You will be in my prayers! Let us know how you make out! Smile, breathe and it will all work out! ~ Erica

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 10-30-02 16:31

Best of luck Mary - I am so happy you will be getting good care and that you are feeling better just knowing your in good hands!

call me if you need me!

Lisa

Author: Brian Dalton (---.public.lawson.webtv.net)

Date: 10-30-02 22:43

Hi Mary:

Welcome to the better world. I fought the icd tooth and nail for 8 yrs (6 episodes) and when I had 3 in two months it was time--that was in June- the llth.

I am so glad to have a dual lead medtronic marquis icd..no doubt the hardest part is not raising your arm for a few weeks. Went in the hosp on Mon eve- and implant tues morning and home on wednesday morning. I still take the same meds (they werent working as well after 8 yrs) but twice a day instead of 3x and wonder allmost every day at the great gift my ep and cardio have given me. I was paced 7 times in the lst 6 weeks and you can feel that but only in the sense that you would feel a palpitation run and have not recieved a shock yet thanks to the combination pacer icd..I am not scheduled for another ep visit till Jan since the July adjustment visit as the device is working so well. You will feel so much better just knowing that your titanium friend is working 24-7. Good luck Friday and if u have questions be sure to ask the ep or nurse -- Brian

Author: Mary Sharp (---.net354.fl.sprint-hsd.net)

Date: 11-04-02 20:43

Well I'm back! ICD and everything. All went well as far as things go. I guess I didn't tolerate the anesthetic well so I ended up being intubated not to fun. I was kept an extra day because I was in a lot of pain and just out of it in general. The staff was nice enough but one down side the fifty dollars in my wallet was taken between the procedure and my stay. Still working on getting it back I hope so.

Well not feeling to well so I'll explain more later.

Mary S.

Author: Matt (---.disney.com)

Date: 11-04-02 21:56

Mary,

Welcome back! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Matt
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X