If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mamagram with ICD

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mamagram with ICD

[mamagram with ICD]

Author: Donna Benson (---.palmer.mtaonline.net)

Date: 10-30-02 10:57

Hi, I have a queston about mamagrams after you get an ICD. Do they have a special way of doing it? Or will it just hurt more then it did before? ( I am a big baby] I have to have one next month. Should I let them know befor I get there that I do have an ICD?

Thanks for your help and information on this matter.

Donna

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: mamagram with ICD]

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 10-30-02 12:48

Talk to your doctor - if they are unable to get a clear picture you may have an ultrasound done. My doc said it should be fine either way... TALK to your doctor and I am sure you can find away to have it done.

Lisa

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 10-30-02 12:48

Talk to your doctor - if they are unable to get a clear picture you may have an ultrasound done. My doc said it should be fine either way... TALK to your doctor and I am sure you can find away to have it done.

Lisa

Author: Julie (---.cinci.rr.com)

Date: 10-31-02 21:29

Donna,

My suggestion is to find a center that is experienced with ICD's and pacemakers. I had my first mamogram done 1 year post ICD implant and it did not go well. The up/down smoosh was ok because she could place it below my ICD, but the side smoosh felt like it was twisting and turning my unit. After she took it off I became very light headed and they had to bring me a stretcher because I was going down.When I first told the tech I was going to faint she had me sit..DUH how stupid you lay down with feet up!!. She left me to go develop the first set of films until I felt better.I can't believe she left me there alone!!!! The longer I sat the more the blood went to my feet! Anyway they hooked me up and may me lay for 1/2 hour or so. Needless to say I have not gone back. My GYN 2 weeks ago gave me the name of where to go and told me tell them you want someone with experience with ICD"S. I have not called yet, but I'll try again.

My sister recently had some breast cancer scares and she asked the tech about ultrasound for me. They said it is very time consuming because they have to do each area very slowly..but you gotta do what you gotta do. I look at it as if I go with ultraound I'll have a few hours to lay there and relax????

Good luck!

Julie

Author: Donna Benson (---.palmer.mtaonline.net)

Date: 10-31-02 22:32

Julie, I am sorry that your mamagram did not go well. I hope to have a better time of it. I do not have a lot of choices of places to go to. We only have one place that handles mamagram in the town I live in. I could go to Anchorage and look there. It is about 1 1/2 hour drive one way. I could make it from the same day as my next ICD check. If you go with the ultrasound I would have a good book and some snacks. Good luck.

Donna
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X