If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new eco.

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new eco.

[new eco.]

Author: Donna Benson (---.palmer.mtaonline.net)

Date: 10-29-02 02:59

Hi, I have been off line for a bit. I had an appointment with my cardiologist this month. He had me do a new eco, it has been 10 months sence my last one. The good news is that I have had no new growth in the heart wall. I have not gotten my copy of the test yet. I am wondering about what some of the other measurenents are.

How low is to low for blood pressure? It was 101 over 40 last time I had it checked. I am not sure if low blood pressure makes you tired or not, but I am tired a lot. It could be to the HCM. I guess I would like it to be the low blood pressure rather than the HCM. I have not had to much in the way of symptoms,yet. I know that sounds strange for someone that has an ICD. I hope I do not get a lot of symptoms. How offten do people have this and not get symptoms or get worse?

Thanks for your help.

Donna

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: new eco.]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-29-02 08:58

Hi Donna -

Welcome back - low b/p is rather common in HCM although I have never gotten an good answer as to why. How have you been feeling?

Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: new eco.]

Author: Donna Benson (---.palmer.mtaonline.net)

Date: 10-29-02 16:18

Hi Lisa,

I am tired and out of breath after walking up stairs. My family and I went for a short hike on Sunday around a mile and 1/2. Most of it was going up. We went to look at the waterfall. I had to stop and rest a few times. The kids started calling the ancient one. It did not take long for me to catch my breath and start again. If I did not have HCM I would have just said that it was do to being over 40. I have lost 17 pounds in the last 3 month and that has helped. I could still stand to get 15 more off. Could the low pressure be do to the meds? Thanks for letting me talk your ear off. Or should I say talk your eyes off.(ha ha) Have a great day and I will talk to you sometime later.

Donna
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X