If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call For GOOD NEWS

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call For GOOD NEWS

[Call For GOOD NEWS]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-24-02 20:02

OK the board has been a bit heavy this week..so here is the deal... we all need some non HCM or HCM related good, happy, funny or other news!

So chime in even if you are not a frequent poster... lets share some fun stuff...

My daughter came home from school with a new joke (2nd grade)...

"what did one candle say to the other candle?"

Are you going out tonight?

she thought that was too funny!

Sometimes the simple things are the best...

keep smiling...it helps!!

Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Call For GOOD NEWS]

Author: Sarah B.-Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 10-24-02 20:31

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After looking for one whole year and being unemployed since March, I am now a staff editor at Crafts'n Things magazine. I start Nov. 4 and I'm really excited. This is the company that was behind the Angel Project for 9/11 (people made angels and they gave them to the families --Clapper Communications).

Oh, yeah, and a new apartment. I don't believe in driving to work (my little personal environmental mission), so I'm moving, too. It is also cheaper to move than to buy a car. I'm having the movers pack me and all my friends will unpack me for beer and pizza. (ok, my stuff, not "me" personally!)

Oh, yeah, and somewhere in here I am supposed to start amiodarone and see if I can get back into sinus rhythm. Wouldn't that just make the year end with a bang?

AND my little brother (geek turned internet tycoon) is now dating a former cheerleader. See? Movies DO come true!

Sarah

Author: Mary S (---.net157.fl.sprint-hsd.net)

Date: 10-24-02 21:11

This week has been pretty good! I had my breakfast for Partners in Excellence nominees. For you non-Mousketeers this is the highest award that can be given to a cast member only about 1-2% of the 50000 cast employed. So it is a great honor to even be nominated.

I also aced all of my mid-terms in EMT class. And I go to Boston on Thursday I was able to get a ticket on cheaptickets.com for 200 dollars. So all is falling into place.

Mary S.

Author: Reenie Smith (---.snbrca.adelphia.net)

Date: 10-24-02 21:26

A Joke for you:

A mama mole, a papa mole, and a baby mole all live in a little mole hole. One day the papa mole sticks his head out of the hole, sniffs the air and says,"Yum! I smell maple syrup!" The mama mole sticks her head out of the hole, sniffs the air and says "Yum! I smell honey!" The baby mole tries to stick his head out of the hole to sniff he air, but can't because the bigger moles are in the way so he says, "Geez, all I can smell is....MOLASSES!

Author: Annette (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 10-24-02 22:22

I am a first grade teacher and I was out one day last week to visit Dr. Sherrid in New York--my second visit to him. Of course, there was a SUBSTITUTE teacher in my room. The next day when I asked the children to turn to p. 42 in their reading workbook, one little darling raised his hand and just had to tell me something very important. It was then he announced that the class had already completed p. 42 the day before with the PROSTITUTE teacher. I won't forget that one for a very long time.

Author: Amy N. (---.tnt1.seymour.in.da.uu.net)

Date: 10-24-02 23:00

Last Saturday morning when my son woke up I put him in bed beside me to snuggle. For fun I asked him where were his eyes, his nose, his head, his ears, his hair, etc. He was pointing right along as I asked. Then I asked the final question - "Ryland, where's your bottom?" He looked like he was deep in thought over that question (at least as deep as you can get at 20 months), so I repeated the question. I got a response, just not what I expected. The little fellow stinkered and gave me a big smile.

I'm sure potty training is going to be a lot of fun!

Amy N.

[A Dose of HMO's Own Medicine]

Author: Erica (---.atlnga1.dsl-verizon.net)

Date: 10-25-02 01:01

A Dose of HMO's Own Medicine

A doctor, a nurse, and the top executive of an HMO have all died and are in line together at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter speaks with them and asks what good each has done in their life.

Doctor: ''I have devoted my life to the sick and needy and have had a part in caring for, and healing thousands of poor people.''

St. Peter: ''That's great. Go ahead in to heaven. And what about you, dear?''

Nurse: ''I've supported the good doctor and his patients my entire life as an adult.''

St. Peter: ''Wonderful. Please proceed in with the doctor. And what about you?''

Health Maintenance Organizaton Director: ''I was the president of a very large HMO and was responsible for the healthcare of millions of people all over the country.''

St. Peter: ''Oh, I see. Please go in...but you can only stay two nights!''

[Re: A Dose of HMO's Own Medicine]

Date: 10-25-02 01:10

Oh, if only justice were so truly that sweet!!! one can only hope...

[Re: A Dose of HMO's Own Medicine]

Date: 10-25-02 08:03

keep it coming these are great!!!

Congratulations on the Job Sarah...

SUBSTITUTE ...PROSTITUTE ...SUBSTITUTE - What is the school system coming too...may be it is a good idea where the schools can find some more teachers..ha ha...

Amy... from the mouth of babes!

Erica - if only it were true!

and lastly...poor little mole!

keep it coming

[More Humor]

Author: Robert Hartwell (144.195.62.---)

Date: 10-25-02 09:38

My 5 year old daughter decided that she did not want to eat dinner one night. I was joking around with her telling her how food was good and keeps us alive etc. I rhetorically asked the question:

"Where would we be if we didn't have food?"

and my daughter replied.... "In a restaurant!"

Bob

[Re: More Humor]

Author: Erica (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

Date: 10-25-02 09:49

Bob ... you have me laughing super loud in the office! Coworkers must think I am up to something! Anyhow, I love kids! They are so cute! I used to teach middle school health & science in Baltimore City, MD and Cary, NC! Hearing this makes me miss teaching! Of course, I don't miss the low pay, over time, tension from the administrators and parents ... but I do miss the little ones! Keep the jokes coming! : )

~Erica

Author: Larry (---.ppp.fcc.net)

Date: 10-25-02 10:03

What would Freud say about Congress having "Oversight" commitees?

If "Progress" means going forward, what does "Congress" mean?

Q: How many Bush's does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: If a light bulb ever appears over a Bush's head, let me know!

And, Linda and I have been married for 21 years today, which I think means we can now drink together?

Author: Kathryn Joly (---.tnt4.ottawa.on.da.uu.net)

Date: 10-25-02 10:33

Hello to all. This is my first post to the board although I have been reading and learning so much from you the past few months. My husband was diagnosed with HCM about five years ago at age 52. About five months ago, he had a heart attack and is still recuperating at home. We live in Ottawa, Canada.

Thought I would be brave and post a cute piece to get me started as a regular contributor on the board...

TATER PEOPLE

Some people never seem motivated to participate, but are just content to watch while others do the work. They are called "Speck Taters".

Some people never do anything to help, but are gifted at finding fault with the way others do the work. They are called "Comment Taters".

Some people are very bossy and like to tell others what to do, but don't want to soil their own hands. They are called "Dick Taters".

Some people are always looking to cause problems by asking others to agree with them. It is too hot or too cold, too sour or too sweet. They are called "Agie Taters".

There are those who say they will help, but somehow just never get around to actually doing the promised help. They are called "Hezzie Taters".

Some people can put up a front and pretend to be someone they are not. They are called "Emma Taters".

Then there are those who love others and do what they say they will. They are always prepared to stop whatever they are doing and lend a helping hand. They bring real sunshine into the lives of others. They are called "Sweetpo Taters".

[I think this board has lots of this last type of Tater.]

Author: Julie Petitpas (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 10-25-02 10:41

Mary, Congratulations on your PIE award. I was a fellow mouseketeer for 12 years. My mom received that award in 1999 just days before she passed away. What a wonderful tribute to her. I just moved to New England to be near my husbands family. LOVE and MISS working for the mouse.

This is a wonderful idea Lisa...everyone needs a little happiness with all the uglyness going on. Thanks! =0)

Julie P.

Author: Heather I. (65.247.157.---)

Date: 10-25-02 12:13

I thought this was pretty cute........

Show and Tell.......

Usually, show-and-tell is pretty tame. Kids bring in pet turtles, model airplanes, pictures of fish they catch, stuff like that. And I never, ever place any boundaries or limitations on them. If they want to lug it to school and talk about it, they're welcome.

Well, one day this little girl, Erica, a very bright, very out-going kid, takes her turn and waddles up to the front of the class with a pillow stuffed under her sweater. She holds up a snapshot of an infant. "This is Luke, my baby brother, and I'm going to tell you about his birthday. First, Mommy and Daddy made him as a symbol of their love, and then Daddy put a seed in my mother's stomach, and Luke grew in there. He ate for nine months through an umbrella cord." She's standing there with her hands on the pillow, and I'm trying not to laugh and wishing I had a video camera rolling.!

The kids are watching her in amazement. "Then, about two Saturdays ago, my mother starts going, 'Oh, oh, oh!'" Erica puts a hand behind her back and groans. "She walked around the house for, like an hour, "Oh, oh, oh!'" Now the kid's doing this hysterical duck-walk, holding her back and groaning. "My father called the middle wife. She delivers babies, but she doesn't have a sign on the car like the Domino's man.

They got my mother to lie down in bed like this." Erica lies down with her back against the wall. "And then, pop! My mother had this bag of water she kept in there in case he got thirsty, and it just blew up and spilled all over the bed, like psshhheew!"

The kid has her legs spread and with her little hands is miming water flowing away. It was too much! "Then the middle wife starts going push, push, and breathe, breathe. They start counting, but they never even got past ten. Then, all of a sudden, out comes! my brother. He was covered in yucky stuff they said was from the play-center, so there must be a lot of stuff inside there." Then Erica stood up, took a big theatrical bow and returned to her seat.

Author: Amanda (---.dsl.dytnoh.ameritech.net)

Date: 10-25-02 13:25

ok news on us...my hubby just got offered a job in florida for 10,000 more a year but not sure if we are gonna take it. we are going to kentucky to spend the weekend with our parents so we can take our mind off all the stress of jobs. that is all that is new with us.

amanda

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 10-25-02 14:46

Hey Larry and Linda happy anniversary! Oh my that ws 21 years ago! I am not old enough to have a brother that has been married for 21 years... you will have to start to run the clock backwards!

I do think I have seen you and Linda drink together already...is that under age drinking??

Thanks guys keep them coming they are GREAT!

and to Ms. Tater...welcome to the board! happy to have you here!!!!!

Amanda - wow...10K and Florida not bad!

Heather - hope these tid bits have placed a smile on your face... have a great weekend!

Lets hit 35 posts here at least!! keep it coming!

lisa

Author: terri (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)

Date: 10-25-02 15:04

No jokes from here just small bits of good news

My 12-year-old daughter, Madeline, who had her ICD implanted 4 weeks ago today, told me two heart-warming stories from school this week that made me so proud I'm happy to share. She started a new school two weeks before her surgery. This week, despite being the new kid, she went out of her way to be friends with the 200-pound 7th grade girl who is teased relentlessly (although I wasn't exactly thrilled that they were shooting baskets together at recess) and invited the girl with the hearing aid who was the only unmatched child in teams in Spanish class to join her popular duo. She's always been the one to go out of her way to include others, but she's been through so much and at a new school I didn't know she'd still be up to the task. I guess we're getting back in the swing of things. And she's going to be on TV Nov. 14 with the Chicago Children's Choir and Celine Dion on ABC's Family Channel. So if you watch, she's the only girl with braided auburn pigtails and a red T-shirt.

That's my good news for the day.

Terri

Date: 10-25-02 15:32

This may be silly but, good news at my house. I finally found my daugher's halloween costume. She is 4 years old and has changed her mind at least 10 times in the last month. Until recently she made a final choice. She wanted to be Dorothy from the WIZARD OF OZ. I kept finding her costume but, to much money or the wrong size. I finally found the right size and even better yet it was 40% off! I went to Joanne Fabrics to buy sequines to glue or sew on her to shoes. The costume wouldn't be complete w/out those. Then I went to Walmart and found some actual DOROTHY shoes. Haven't been that lucky i a long time. Took back all the sequines and got a refund. Now that is a good day.

Julie P.

Date: 10-25-02 15:34

This may be silly but, good news at my house. I finally found my daugher's halloween costume. She is 4 years old and has changed her mind at least 10 times in the last month. Until recently she made a final choice. She wanted to be Dorothy from the WIZARD OF OZ. I kept finding her costume but, to much money or the wrong size. I finally found the right size and even better yet it was 40% off! I went to Joanne Fabrics to buy sequines to glue or sew on her to shoes. The costume wouldn't be complete w/out those. Then I went to Walmart and found some actual DOROTHY shoes. Haven't been that lucky i a long time. Took back all the sequines and got a refund. Now that is a good day.

Julie P.

Date: 10-25-02 15:37

sorry about that.... I didn't mean to post that twice

Author: Matt (---.disney.com)

Date: 10-25-02 15:58

This was in CNN on October 3rd. Two million people (via the internet) voted on over 40,000 jokes for the "Funniest Joke in the World". The winner was...

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy takes out his phone and calls the emergency services.

He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a gunshot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"

Date: 10-25-02 17:23

Matt FYI thats sick...but really funny!

Congrats on the custome and keep them coming these are great!

You see we are all very normal people with normal life going on WHILE living with HCM

Lisa

[Actual Medical Chart Notes]

Date: 10-25-02 18:01

The weekend is FINALLY here! Ahhhh! ~ Erica

Actual Medical Chart Notes

Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.

Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.

On the second day, the knee was better, and then on the third day it disappeared.

The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.

Discharge status: Alive, but without my permission.

Healthy-appearing decrepit, 69-year-old male, mentally alert but forgetful.

The patient refused autopsy.

The patient has no previous history of suicides.

Patient has left white blood cells at another hospital.

Patient's medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40-pound weight gain in the last three days.

She is numb from her toes down.

Occasional, constant, infrequent headaches.

I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy.

Skin: somewhat pale but present.

The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.

[Re: Actual Medical Chart Notes]

Date: 10-25-02 18:04

Actual Medical Chart Notes Continued ...

-Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.

-Between you and me, we ought to be able to get this lady pregnant.

-While in ER, she was examined, x-rated and sent home.

-The skin was moist and dry.

-Patient was alert and unresponsive.

-She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life until she got a divorce.

-Rectal examination revealed a normal-size thyroid.

-Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.

-Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus-sized.

-The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.

-The patient was to have a bowel resection. However, he took a job as a stockbroker instead.

-Skin: somewhat pale but present.

-The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.

-Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. ____, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.

-Large brown stool ambulating in the hall.

-She has no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was hot in bed last night.

-Patient was found in bed with her power mower.

[my son turns 3 this weekend]

Author: Ronnie (---.tnt1.columbus.ms.da.uu.net)

Date: 10-25-02 20:24

and my little girl just turned 1 last month. I plan on hanging around to see at least 50 more of their birthdays. God Bless America!

[more humor]

Author: Diane (---.networksplus.net)

Date: 10-25-02 22:32

A woman gets up one day and as she walks to the kitchen pennies and nickels begin falling from between her legs. Later that day, dimes and quarters fall as she gets on the bus. Being a little alarmed she called her doctor to report these odd occurances, to which he responded "not to worry.....your just going through the change."

[Re: more humor]

Date: 10-25-02 22:45

Erica.. I just laughed so hard my side hurts... IF 1/10th of those comments were real... it is too funny for words. and what is funny..or sad is that all of them are real! Oh my... that was good.. ya know I have been said to be a bit ..well lets just say I let my views be heard...I can see myself as the patient refusing the autopsy! Even from the dead I would be giving the docs my 2 cents!

Thanks and HAPPY weekend to all!

Lisa

Author: Mary sharp (---.net338.fl.sprint-hsd.net)

Date: 10-26-02 08:51

I have seen lots of corny jokes here so I may as well put my two cents in as well. I work in The Forest of Our Futrure exhibit at EPCOT and part of our show is telling tree jokes. So everyone who really knows me has heard them so I'll just subject all of you to them as well.

Q. what does the inside of the tree and a dogs tail have in common?

A. They are both the farthest from the bark.

Q. Which tree has the most bark?

A. The Dogwood.

Q. What's the saddest tree in the forest?

A. The weeping willow.

Q. What tree is always getting into trouble?

A. The notty pine.

Q. What is a tree's favorite subject?

A Geometry (gee i'm a tree)

Q. What kind of books do tree's like to read?

A. Poetry

Q. What kind of tree can tell your fortune?

A. The palm tree.

Q. What tree has the best tan?

A. The beech tree.

Q. What tree is always calling in sick to work?

A. The sycamore.

Aren't these all just Treemendous jokes or are you allready sycamore of these jokes. I guess If I keep it up you might just beat me to a pulp. Who knows you may just be pineing for me later. But that's Oakay I have tons more where that came from but I might have to go out on a limb.

By now you are all groaning.Look on the bright side at least you don't have to say them all day!

Mary S.

Date: 10-26-02 09:31

The evolution of man http://www.laughnet.net/archive/toons/evolut.jpg

Author: Connie (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 10-26-02 10:42

My little addition is to day is my husbands 46th b-day and my daughters SWEET 16 b-day.............. connie

Author: karen (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-26-02 11:31

Happy birthday to all, congratulations on the job offer and thanks for the laughs.

My 2 cents.........I am pleased to say that we got tickets to see Tom Petty and Jackson Browne at the Garden in December.........which just happens to be my birthday!! Sounds like a real "over 40" crowd......doesn't it!?!?!?

Author: Mary sharp (---.net273.fl.sprint-hsd.net)

Date: 10-26-02 11:56

RESIGNATION

I am hereby officially tendering

my resignation as an adult.

I have decided I would like to accept the

responsibilities of an 8 year-old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud

puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks.

I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand

with my friends on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple,

when all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes,

but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know

and you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy

because you were blissfully unaware

of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair.

That everyone is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life

and be overly excited by the little things again.

I want to live simple again.

I don't want my day to consist of

computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news,

how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank,

doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of

smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth,

justice, peace, dreams, the imagination,

mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So . . . here's my checkbook and my

car keys, my credit card bills and my

401K statements.

I am officially resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further,

you'll have to catch me first, cause........

......"Tag! You're it."

Wouldn't we all love to do this. I actually did give this to my boss one day (he's my best friend as well) at Disney. He thought it was funny and gave me the day off.

Mary S.

Author: Nancy Sarvis (---.access.naxs.com)

Date: 10-26-02 22:30

When my sons were very young, I overheard Randy tell his big brother, Kevin, "When I get bigger enough I'm going to marry our Mamma". Kevin replied, "She's already married to our Daddy and besides that, she'll be too old by then anyway". I spent this wonderful day with my sons, their beautiful (and young) wives, 2 out of 3 of my grandchildren and my wonderful husband. We took a Thanksgiving Day picnic , complete with dressing, macaroni & cheese, Pumpkin pie, (you get the picture).We went to the mountains of N.C., Saw beautiful leaves, had a fire and just enjoyed being outside and together. God is good and life is to be enjoyed. I hope you all are having a great weekend!

Date: 10-26-02 23:12

Dear Mary,

Only at Disney would you get time off for you "resignation." What a great idea....maybe I should wait till I've been at my new job for more than a few days before I try that....hmm..

Take care,

Sarah

Date: 10-26-02 23:32

Lisa ... good news! I got the book! Thank you!

Date: 10-27-02 19:41

Erica,

What book? Is it something I'd like?

Julie

Date: 10-27-02 21:54

Hi Julie. Yes, you would "like" the book, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: For Patients, Their Families, and Interested Physicians, by Barry J. Maron, M.D. with Lisa Salberg. The book contains terrific pictures/graphs, valuable information, there is a FAQ section, it covers everything in HCM from A to Z. It was so worth waiting for! (My book went on a little journey from NJ to NC back to NJ again for reasons I need to look into with the Durham County post office.... but at any rate ... I suggest this book to anyone confronted with HCM whether it be themselves, friends, loved ones – family members, etc. If you haven't read the book I would suggest contacting Lisa for your copy! : )

PS- I am glad you have found comfort, education, knowledge, and support from this board. I too have found the same. Also, I am sure this past month felt like eternity but your little brother must be so proud of you for educating yourself and your family, for your strength, and your love. He will always be with you!

~ Erica

Author: Dolly W (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 10-28-02 21:26

OK, I couldn't resist any longer.

Two cows are talking in the field:

Cow#1: Guess what? I was artificially inseminated today!

Cow#2: You're kidding!

Cow#1: Really, No Bull!

Date: 10-29-02 08:42

Bad... very bad..

BUT

good ... very good!

Date: 10-29-02 08:56

GOOD NEWS! I went to see the AMERICAN IDOL TOUR last night. What a wonderful show! I haven't enjoyed myself like that in quit awhile.

Lisa-it looks like we passed your goal of 35 posts. Lets keep them coming everyone

Author: Larry (216.44.69.---)

Date: 10-29-02 13:45

Good news you say?????

None of my friends or family are featured in "Jackass, the Movie".

(I'm not sure about some of my elected officials)

[Re: good news]

Author: Dolly W (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 10-29-02 15:20

I'm back! But I have wonderful news! I saw my local cardiologist and she was so impressed with my recovery, she said that if I continue to progress at this rate, she will allow me to return to work (on light duty) Nov 12th! That's only four weeks post-myectomy!

Date: 10-29-02 16:35

Wow... lots of good stuff here!

Larry - Did you end up on the cutting room floor?? ha ha ha

Dolly - great news!!

everyone else...keep it coming

lisa

Date: 10-29-02 17:30

Watch it Lisa. Remember I had to give up a perfectly good dog (Clyde) when we got you, just because he liked to bite and eat little kids or something. Mom and Dad were such wimps about that. I know that 1968 was a long time ago, but I remember stuff from then better than stuff from now, and you are still on my list for that one!

Cutting room floor indeed!!!

Author: Linda (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 10-29-02 20:23

And Lisa, you've been so careful, guarding your age.............

Linda

Author: Amy N. (---.tnt5.seymour.in.da.uu.net)

Date: 10-29-02 22:22

I finished sewing two costumes and there's still a few days before Halloween!!!! I wish you could all see my Uncle Sam and Golden Princess. Since we live out in the country, we only visit a few places (relatives) it's more like a family visit.

Amy N.

Date: 10-30-02 08:55

Lar and Lin... you already gave me up at my b-day so what the heck..these people know everything about me! And now they know that being a smartass is a family tradition!

Amy -- Send us a picture of the kids I want to build a photo album for the site!

Lisa

Author: Michelle Flanagan (---.as0.appl.wi.voyager.net)

Date: 10-30-02 09:32

My son won a kid's football clinic with the Green Bay Packers. He went to Lambeau field yesterday (10/29). He got a tour of the new stadium, the locker rooms and had a tailgate party dinner with 4 of the Packers. They took a picture of my son with the 4 packers (Aaron Kampman, Marco Riveria, Mike McKenzie and Bill Ferrairo). They signed my son's Championship Football, then they had a scrimmage with the kids and the 4 Packers. He was given the Official Green Bay Packers baseball cap that the team wears on the sidelines as well as a copy of the picture with the 4 Packers. He had a blast. He will never forget this! He is a HUGE Packer fan and has been one for all his 8 years of life. I was so happy for him to have won. There was 80 kids that won out of thousands.

Michelle - Mom to Krista (11) and Tyler (8) both HCM

Krista surgeries: 3/97 myectomy, 2/99 mitral valve replacement

Tyler surgery: 1/98 myectomy

Author: Erica (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

Date: 10-30-02 13:40

Inner Strength

If you can start the day without caffeine or pep pills,

If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,

If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,

If you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it,

If you can understand when loved ones are too busy to give you time,

If you can overlook when people take things out on you when,

through no fault of yours, something goes wrong,

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,

If you can face the world without lies and deceit,

If you can conquer tension without medical help,

If you can relax without liquor,

If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,

If you can do all these things,

Then you are probably the family dog!

Date: 10-30-02 16:35

Very cute... I think dogs have us just where they want us...well trained!

Lisa

Date: 10-31-02 12:34

Lisa, if you need me, I'll be out in the pumpkin patch awaiting the Great Pumpkin tonight, as I do every year. I think I even saw him once.......back in the 70's.

Let me know if Becca wants to join me instead of trick or treating.

Author: maura mendoza (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 11-01-02 07:55

This thread was a great read !! Wish I had noticed it sooner this week as I could realy have used the chuckels !! Halloween has come and gone, first of the holidays for this long yr ahead for me and my boy's ! But I made it through and have a positive outlook today ! Reaqched out to a friend yesterday that has advanced MS, her daughter was Travis' girlfriend ! Felt so good to just be ! have a great weekend folks, I am heading to a snowmobile exhibit tomorrow, gearing up for a whopping winter wonderland this year as last yr was a dud ! Love and light to you all ~ Maura

Mother to the best 3 boy's ~ R.I.P. Travis Mendoza, HCM victim 7-9-88- 8-22-02
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X