If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is our chance to gain some more HCM recogniti...

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is our chance to gain some more HCM recogniti...

[Here is our chance to gain some more HCM recognition!]

Author: Erica Stolzenberg (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

Date: 10-21-02 13:52

Here is your chance to advocate for further HCM education with regard to the November 2002 issue of Esquire! Here is an email I received!

~ Erica Stolzenberg

Dear Erica:

I hope you don't mind me writing you--Pete Baumgartner forwarded me

your note (I'm the guy who wrote the Esquire story). I'm delighted that your

father saw the piece, and I hope he found it useful. Also, if you (and

your dad) would like to keep some attention focused on HOCM and the

ablation procedure in our little magazine, you're actually in a unique

position to do so: If you were to write a short note to the editor,

chances are quite good that they would publish it in the next edition.

You could write to my editor, Andy Ward, at the following address. He

would be thrilled to hear your reaction.

[email protected]

For that matter, if you know any other people with an interest in HOCM

who saw the piece and would like to respond to it via letters, please

encourage them to strike while the iron is hot! If the magazine were to

recieve multiple letters, they'd be even more likely to publish them.

Meanwhile, our heartfelt best wishes for your father and your family.

Sincerely,

Ted Allen

[email protected]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Here is our chance to gain some more HCM recognition!]

Author: Julie Petitpas (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 10-21-02 15:29

This is excellent Erica!!!! I can't believe it! Can you tell me the e -mail address again? I would love to tell my story and the tradgic ending to my brothers life.

Julie P.

Date: 10-21-02 16:12

No problem Julie!

Ted Allen wrote the article on Pete Baumgartner's experience having an Alcohol Septal Ablation - Esquire -- November 2002 issue. Ted's email address is <[email protected]>

Ted Allen's editor's name is Andy Ward and his email address is: <[email protected]>

Author: terri (---.tribune.com)

Date: 10-21-02 17:08

I can't find the article online. Anyone have a link? I checked the esquire site

terri

Date: 10-21-02 17:18

Terri ... the article is not available over the internet. You will have to pick up the Esquire (November 2002) magazine in the store unless you know someone who has a copy they can fax to you. My copy is lousy otherwise I would send it to you. (I can try if you have fascimile access.)

If you go to your Local Barnes & Noble or Borders bookstore, you can read the magazine rigth there over a cup of coffee (decaf, of course!) I sat and re-read it at Borders this past weekend! ~ Erica
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X