If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Saga Continues........

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Saga Continues........

[My Saga Continues........]

Author: Heather I. (65.247.157.---)

Date: 10-20-02 18:28

Well, last Mon. night we went out of town to get away.......We went to one of the bigger cities two hours away..After eating out and swimming, we went back to the room. Cade, my two yr. old, dumped something in the floor and I went to pick it up and collapsed. I don't remember falling, but remember my husband picking me up and calling for 911. During this time I realized I couldn't move my right side and I couldn't talk........It was the worst feeling.......although, I was kinda out of it..like hazy......Once I got in the ambulance my leg started twitching and I was able to move it soon. Once I got to the hosp. I started moving my arm and my speech soon returned........thank God. They did a CAT scan and said everything looked good and admitted me for observation that night and the next day we did a TEE w/ hopes of cardioversion, since I was found to still be in a-fib. During the TEE, they found I had another small clot in my left atrium. So, the cardioversion was called off. I was started on heparin, aspirin, and coumadin.......I have been in the hosp. since Mon., the 14th and got to come home today. They have sent me home on Lovenox, low-molecular weight heparin, and I am to do those injections for 3 wks. and then continue the coumadin. I have cleared my trip to the Mayo with my dr. He said I should be fine to travel by then. I was relieved, I really feel I need to go there. My drs. there were really puzzled that I still had clots even though I'd been on coumadin, but I don't feel I had been anti-couagulated properly and was not on enough, after I saw how much it took for them to get me at a "theraputic level".......So, I am supposed to go back for another TEE/cardioversion after I get back from the mayo, if they don't do it there.....So, that's my story for now..........Hopefully no more drama for awhile......I'm going to take it easy for awhile. My husband hired someone to come in and help me w/ the boys while he's at work and he's taken over cooking and cleaning......So, that's it........Hope to stay out of the hosp. for awhile......

Heather I.- 29, HCM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: My Saga Continues........]

Author: Erica (---.atlnga1.dsl-verizon.net)

Date: 10-20-02 20:08

Heather, glad you are feeling better now! Try and take it easy! Sounds like you have a good hubby who loves you a lot! Be well and keep us posted! ~ EBS

Author: sarah b. (---.kc.rr.com)

Date: 10-20-02 21:19

Dear Heather,

I'm so sorry you had a transitory ischemic attack (I've had one too, so I know how you feel).

Has your INR been between 2 and 3? How often were you getting tested? Just wondering.

S

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-21-02 09:10

Heather - Yes dear too much drama for a while you can stop now

Keep yourself in good spirits that is going to pull you through and get some rest. If you need me call..use the # on the machine if I am not at the phone when you call.

TAKE CARE!

Lisa

Author: Dolly (Andrew's mom) (---.pressenter.com)

Date: 10-21-02 16:52

Wow Heather, how scary that must have been! Glad you are doing better and please TAKE IT EASY!

Dolly

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-22-02 12:57

Heather - -How are you feeling???

Lisa

Date: 10-23-02 12:12

Hi Lisa. It seems I feel a little better day by day. It is hard to lay in

a hospital bed for a week and do nothing......Being back at home is nice.

My brother is coming over to help my while my husband is at work during the

day. It is hard for me to let everyone do everything, but I am.....I put a

call in to the Mayo yesterday to let them know what happened and to make

sure they didn't think it would interfere with any of my tests or traveling.

I am scheduled to see Dr. Freeman there. Have you heard of him? They keep

telling me I'm in the Cardiovascular disease section. I hope this includes

their HCM clinic. I told them when I called that I had HCM and I had been

referred by you. Dr. Freeman's secretary is supposed to call me back today.

I will double check all of this with her. Thanks for checking on

me........Oh, also, thought you might like to know, I am going to have a ICD

put in after my next TEE to make sure the clot is gone and hopefully after

my cardioversion for the a-fib......The EP said we need to get that done

before we do the ICD, but that is high on the list.

Heather

Date: 10-23-02 12:13

I have no idea what my INR was. The last time I had it checked was about 2

wks. before my TIA and I guess my blood was a little thick because the dr.

told me to increase my coumadin to 5mg on M and F and to take 2.5 the other

days. Now I know where it needs to be and know that I need to know these

numbers. My drs. want me to be around a 3.5 right now......Did you have any

problems w/ the TIA after your 1st attack? I'm so scared it's going to

happen again. I'm still in the a-fib and feeling pretty short of breath off

and on........

Heather

Author: Sarah B.-Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 10-24-02 01:57

Dear Heather

As long as you stay anti-coagulated, you shouldn't have another TIA. Since you are going to be at the Mayo soon, take a deep breath and relax. You will be great!

S
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X