If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Lisa: Charitable Contributions????

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Lisa: Charitable Contributions????

[To Lisa: Charitable Contributions????]

Author: Reenie Smith (---.snbrca.adelphia.net)

Date: 10-15-02 12:39

Lisa,

All federal employees are offered the chance to use part of their pay for charitable contributions at the beginning of every year. I haven't seen the booklet myself, but I know there are hundreds of agenies and organizations you can contribute to. It's called the Combined Federal Campaign. This booklet also states statistical information such as what percentage of the contribution goes toward overhead, etc. I would like to know if the HCMA is a partner in this. If not, maybe we can become a part? If you know anything about it, please let me know. If not, let me know that too. I will see if there is anything I can find on how to become a participant in this wonderful program.

Thanks,

Reenie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: To Lisa: Charitable Contributions????]

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 10-15-02 17:24

Any information you can get will be great, we are not currently set up with this program.

Thank you!

Lisa

Date: 10-15-02 18:18

Lisa,

I evidently have great timing. The booklet should be coming out in the next few weeks. I will try to get my hands on one. I will let you know when I get it. It may not help for this year, but could be a boon for the future.

Reenie

Author: Jerry Salzman (---.indy.rr.com)

Date: 10-16-02 08:15

Lisa,

The Combined Federal Campaign is the Federal Government's version of United Way. If you have ever worked with them I am sure they would know what to do. By the way, this is an excellent idea. I give to the CFC every year and pick my contributions.

Jerry

Author: lynn (---.dau.mil)

Date: 10-16-02 14:28

had a few minutes free from class and checked the message board. the rules for CFC are at http://www.opm.gov/cfc/01apply/LocFedApp.doc. i don't have time to read it all right now.

lynn

Date: 10-16-02 17:22

Lynn,

I see you have a ".mil" email address. Where are you?

Reenie

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 10-16-02 17:55

well Hi Lynn!

I have not heard from you in a while.... hows class? I called Kevin Re Chester - -Sorry to hear about that....Call me when you can,,,, need to chat.

Reenie - Lynn is my sister she lives in NJ but is now in a training class I think in VA.

Lisa

Date: 10-16-02 18:54

Oh, cool. Was just being nosy. Lynn posted the link to the application. Since you now have the form, just let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Reenie

Date: 10-17-02 12:31

reenie

i work for the army at ARDEC. It's a R&D center in New Jersey (Picatinny).

i'm at ft belvoir for 6 weeks training. i'm staying in the area that is all over the news because of the sniper!!!

where do you work? i noticed we have a few federal employees on the message board.

lisa,

ask mom for my phone number for my room. i don't have it with me. easier for you to call me.

lynn

Date: 10-17-02 13:09

Lynn

Man, you *are* right in the middle of the sniper mess. I've been to Ft Belvoir before. We used to live in northern Va. We;re now in California. My husband is US Air Force. Does seem to be a lot of federal employees here.

Lisa

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help with the CFC.

Reenie

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 10-17-02 13:25

Dear Reenie,

Linda Price, HCMA board member, lives in the "sniper mess" area, as does one of my best friends I've known my whole life and my brother, Mike (also HCM).

S

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-17-02 13:55

LYNN

STAY INSIDE PLEASE!!!!!

I heard you went site seeing ...are you nuts!!

Talk to you later

Lisa

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 10-17-02 14:42

I've told them all to SHOP ONLINE!!!! You don't need to leave the house to buy anything these days!!

S

Date: 10-17-02 15:07

actually probably the safest place to be is in the Mall area of DC. kind of hard for a sniper to set up there without being noticed.

talk to you later, class is starting up,

lynn

Author: Linda (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 10-20-02 18:54

Lynn, I was in Richmond last pm, home safe now. Being out and about in this area is a little like having HCM, you take all the precautions and safety measures you can, and then live your life to the fullest. Take care.

Linda

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-21-02 09:16

OK everyone in MD DC VA STAY INSIDE this guy is a freak and I can not wait for him to be stopped. What a sad person he/she is while we battle for life they toss it away. I can not see what value this person has on this earth, hopefully they will stop him soon and this maddness will end.

Lisa

Author: Laura (66.97.91.---)

Date: 10-24-02 23:44

To All

I also work for the Feds...VA hosp, Walla Walla.

I just happen to have the whole Packet of the CFC on my desk to give out to fellow employees.

Would you like me to send one to you.

I am at home now but will check back tomorrow.

By the way my Appt with Dr Udelson is Nov 12th. Can't hardly wait, just knowing i will see someone that knows something has been a relief !

Thank you for your pecious time,

Laura
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X