[Mayo Clinic]

Author: Dolly W (---.mayo.edu)

Date: 10-14-02 16:35

Lisa and All,

Just wanted to let you know that Mayo Clinic and Dr. Nishimura are great! Everyone and everything I've encountered here so far have been top notch. I would highly recommend Mayo to anyone needing help with HCM/HOCM.

Lisa, just wanted to thank you for all your help with info and getting me headed in the right direction! Surgery is Tuesday, October 15th - time to be announced.

It's so nice to come to someone/someplace that is familiar with this disease and not have to educate the doctors/staff on something that they should already know. We definitely need more education for our cardiologists.

Will keep you posted on my progress as time/health permits.

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Mayo Clinic]

Author: Erica (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

Date: 10-14-02 16:38

Dolly ... It must feel so wonderful to know you are in good hands!

Wishing you well. Keep us posted! ~ Erica

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-14-02 17:11

Hi Dolly send my good wishes to the crew at Mayo and GOOD luck! I know your in great hands!!

Please let us know how you are doing...send a family member to the message board to update us so we all do not worry too much!

Your in my thoughts.

All the Best!!!

Lisa

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 10-15-02 10:19

Dear Dolly,

As the board moderator, I am completely objective about the merits of each of the Big 5 HCM centers.

As ME, I've only actually been to the Mayo and I sent all my doctors thank you notes when I got home from my last visit --if that tells you anything about how fantastic they are. I've never felt more taken care of or at ease than I was there. Everyone from the xray tech to Nishimura was great!

Sarah