If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayo Clinic

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayo Clinic

[Mayo Clinic]

Author: Dolly W (---.mayo.edu)

Date: 10-14-02 16:35

Lisa and All,

Just wanted to let you know that Mayo Clinic and Dr. Nishimura are great! Everyone and everything I've encountered here so far have been top notch. I would highly recommend Mayo to anyone needing help with HCM/HOCM.

Lisa, just wanted to thank you for all your help with info and getting me headed in the right direction! Surgery is Tuesday, October 15th - time to be announced.

It's so nice to come to someone/someplace that is familiar with this disease and not have to educate the doctors/staff on something that they should already know. We definitely need more education for our cardiologists.

Will keep you posted on my progress as time/health permits.

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Mayo Clinic]

Author: Erica (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

Date: 10-14-02 16:38

Dolly ... It must feel so wonderful to know you are in good hands!

Wishing you well. Keep us posted! ~ Erica

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-14-02 17:11

Hi Dolly send my good wishes to the crew at Mayo and GOOD luck! I know your in great hands!!

Please let us know how you are doing...send a family member to the message board to update us so we all do not worry too much!

Your in my thoughts.

All the Best!!!

Lisa

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 10-15-02 10:19

Dear Dolly,

As the board moderator, I am completely objective about the merits of each of the Big 5 HCM centers.

As ME, I've only actually been to the Mayo and I sent all my doctors thank you notes when I got home from my last visit --if that tells you anything about how fantastic they are. I've never felt more taken care of or at ease than I was there. Everyone from the xray tech to Nishimura was great!

Sarah
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X