If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you


No announcement yet.

How to find a specialist in your area


About the Author


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to find a specialist in your area

    [How to find a specialist in your area]

    Author: Brian (---.phnixv01.pa.comcast.net)

    Date: 10-11-02 17:57

    That me start out by saying that I have the upmost trust in my cardilogist, which I feel is very important in dealing with any disease. But The more I read on this web site the more I feel I should probably see a Cardiologist that specilizes in HCM. By everthing I have read ,I am being treated properly for where I am with the ailment that I have. I guess I am one of the lucky ones, I am symptom free at 32yrs old but that does not mean I will be symptom free forever. My septum is 3.1cm but more of mass at the bottom of the septum away from the valves. Either way let me get to my question is how do I go about finding a Specialist in the Suburbs of Philadelphia? Is that something that my insurance provider can help with?


    [Re: How to find a specialist in your area]

    Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

    Date: 10-11-02 18:33

    Dear Brian,

    The HCMA can help you find a specialist. Please call the office at 973-983-7429 and leave your name, number, and where you live and let them know you need specialist info. There are major centers in Minneapolis, Boston, NY, and CLeveland.

    3cm is quite thick, so seeing a specialist (whether you have obstruction or not) is a wise decision. I'm sure your cardiologist will be happy to have an expert opinion on board.

    I'm glad you are symptom free and hope you stay that way. (I'm 33, fyi)

    take care,



    [Re: How to find a specialist in your area]

    Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

    Date: 10-13-02 20:49

    Brian -

    I can tell you true specialists a few and far between - - However here at the HCMA we know some doc who are rather good with HCM - one is in Hershey. This doc is rather intersting because his brother and father have HCM! SO he is very UP on the issues! If you want contact information - -call the HCMA office.



    [Re: How to find a specialist in your area]

    Author: Brian (---.merck.com)

    Date: 10-15-02 13:03

    Hi Lisa,

    I put in a call the other day to the office, I am sure they will get back to me when they can, Thank you for your response.



    [Re: How to find a specialist in your area]

    Author: Erica (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

    Date: 10-15-02 13:46

    Brian ... Merck is one of our biggest clients (Riverside, Danville, West Point branches!) I work in the field of air quality!
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.