If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NIBI or NIMI

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIBI or NIMI

[NIBI or NIMI]

Author: Bryan Lombardo (---.bos.east.verizon.net)

Date: 10-09-02 20:28

Which one is it? And what do the results show?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: NIBI or NIMI]

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 10-09-02 22:04

Dear Bryan,

Who is this question addressed to?

S

Date: 10-09-02 22:31

to anyone who can provide an answer

Date: 10-09-02 22:35

Sorry I should have addressed better. After I read it it didnt make sense. Has anyone heard of a NIMI or NIBI test? What does this test show results in?

Author: Erica Stolzenberg (---.atlnga1.dsl-verizon.net)

Date: 10-09-02 22:44

Do you know what the letters stand for?

Date: 10-09-02 23:03

Dear Bryan

I asked my first question b/c I hoped that it would help me understand your inquiry. I don't know what those letters stand for. anyone? anyone?

S

Date: 10-09-02 23:03

No idea. I think it is some kind of nuclear medicine test but im not exactly sure. So im thinking thats maybe what the N might stand for. I tried to look on-line for an answer but couldnt find anything

Date: 10-09-02 23:06

B

In what context did you hear about these tests?

S

Date: 10-09-02 23:36

When I was in the hospital back in June, for a couple days they injected me with dye and made me lay on a table and had some machine go around my chest. This took about twenty minutes. Then they had me do a stress/echo but I had to let them know when I thought I only had minutes left so the could inject some more dye. Then got the echo and had to go right back on the table and have that machine go around me again. It was never told to me what this test looks for, and stupid me I never really asked. So i was just wondering

Date: 10-09-02 23:40

Dear Bryan,

I've never had that one! How interesting. They could have been looking for blockages or anomylies (sp?) I guess.

Anyone else have this?

S

Author: Pat (---.d00832.dlup.digitaldune.net)

Date: 10-10-02 00:41

Bryan,

I recognize it now by your description! I've had it twice--and once I did hear some acronym for it, but I don't remember what the acronym was. The test is a Cardiolyte stress test (previously done with thallium) in which the scanner examines how much of the tracer substance (the Cardiolyte or the thallium which is injected) is taken up by your myocardium (heart muscle). It will show areas of ischemia (insufficient oxygen) in the myocardium because not as much of the tracer will be taken up in those areas.

HCM--and many other diseases of the heart--can cause the muscle to be deprived of the oxygen it needs. I hope this helps.

Pat

Date: 10-10-02 00:59

Thanks its alot more than what I knew before

Author: Reenie Smith (---.snbrca.adelphia.net)

Date: 10-10-02 01:33

Pat is correct. My husband just had this same test done last month. I hope this makes you feel better. And our doctor also called it cardiolite.

Reenie

Author: Glen (65.247.42.---)

Date: 10-10-02 08:27

Bryan, I had that test over 30 years ago when I was first being diagnosed and they didn't really know all that much about HCM, I actually spent a week in the hospital having all kinds of test including this test and a catheter test.

They explained they would inject dye containing some radioactive material and I had to lay under this machine perfectly still for about 1/2 hour while they took pictures, something like an MRI. Then do some exercise and come back and do it again.

The images looked very much like the images from an echo.

I have never had to have one since and just go for my annual echo now.

Good Luck

Glen

Author: Dolly (Andrew's mom) (---.pressenter.com)

Date: 10-10-02 09:11

My son Andrew also had this test done. It was just as you described.

Dolly- mom to Andrew (13) HOCM

Myectomy in '96

ICD implant in '99
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X