If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another CCF "alumnus"

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another CCF "alumnus"

[Another CCF "alumnus"]

Author: Sue Harry (---.59.80.117.Dial1.Tampa1.Level3.net)

Date: 10-09-02 11:41

Dear Friends,

I returned home to Florida on 10/4 after having surgery - myectomy and modified Maze procedure - on 9/26 in Cleveland. Dr. Lever and Dr. Smedira were my physcians. I also met Dr. Asher and several others who participated in my management while I was in the hospital. The medical, surgical, and nursing care was excellent.

I am progressing each day and just wanted to say hello to everyone who gave support and encouragement throughout this entire process. Tim and Lynn your info about hotels was so helpful to my family. Lisa, your support and info about my insurance issues made a world of difference. Jerry, thanks for your words of support and to everyone who shared their experiences. It made the trip to Cleveland and going through the surgery not so freightening.

My best to everyone. Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Another CCF "alumnus"]

Author: Lynn S. (---.dsl.dytnoh.ameritech.net)

Date: 10-09-02 14:21

Dear Sue,

I am so glad to hear that things went well for you and that your experience was a good one at CCF! I wish you all the best during your recovery!!

Lynn Stewart

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 10-09-02 17:03

Sue,

I am glad all went well and you are on the road to recovery! Have you stayed out of AF? and what did you think of the MAZE??

Now that you have this behind you imagine how much support YOU can be to those in the future!

All the Best!!

Lisa

Author: Howard Mirchin (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 10-09-02 17:42

Can you please describe your recent experience at CCF since I am scheduled for a myectomy and some type of maze procedure during the week of November 11. Thanks for sharing your experience and hope your recovery time is quick and uneventful.

Thanks

Howie

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 10-09-02 17:53

Dear Howie

If you click on Sue's name in her post (at the top, underllined) you can e-mail her directly, just in case she doesn't see your post.

S

Author: john jordan (---.public.lawson.webtv.net)

Date: 10-09-02 19:57

to all, i was wondering what is the MAZE treatment? thanx, john

Author: Lynn S. (---.dsl.dytnoh.ameritech.net)

Date: 10-09-02 20:34

The Maze procedure, according to my Cleveland Clinic book is, "a surgical treatment for chronic atrial fibrillation...To restore a regular electrical rhythm, the surgeon makes multiple incisions in the atrium to form a path or "maze" through which the impulse can travel to reach the AV node (atrioventricular node)."

I'm sure that other folks may be able to give better info but I was curious too so I pulled out my CCF notebook I received at my myectomy.

Hope this helps,

Lynn Stewart

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 10-09-02 22:14

Hi

The maze procedure forces the electrical impulses down a specific path across the heart to prevent irregular beats. The tricky part is to not cut too much or there is too much tissue death and the heart can't beat properly anymore.

AV node ablation or radio frequency ablation tends to be done more often. If you are getting a maze, make sure you are having it done at a major heart center with excellent track records.

S

Author: john jordan (---.public.lawson.webtv.net)

Date: 10-11-02 15:37

thanx, lynn and sarah, im still learning as i go along. take care, john
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X