If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCM & Ablation Featured in Esquire Magazine!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCM & Ablation Featured in Esquire Magazine!

[HCM & Ablation Featured in Esquire Magazine!]

Author: Tom (---.eosinc.com)

Date: 10-07-02 20:48

Just got my Esquire magazine (November 2002 issue) and there is a HUGE article on the heart, ablation and a patient with HCM. The patient has to have an ablation performed twice and they follow his story.

This is huge! The article also includes nice images and information about how the heart works and a Heart-Attack predictor. I haven't even read the entire thing yet because I wanted to post this so others could run out and get a copy. Some of this may be available at www.esquire.com too, not sure.

Take care everybody!

Tom

Apical HCM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: HCM & Ablation Featured in Esquire Magazine!]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-08-02 08:36

Tom - I was interviewed for this artical...can not wait to see it!

Lisa

Author: Erica (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

Date: 10-08-02 13:17

I went to all my local supermarkets and parmacy's (Eckerd) during my luncj break and couldn't find the magazine

I hope Barnes & Noble has a copy on their shelf this evening!

Author: Erica (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

Date: 10-08-02 13:29

Can you believe they don't list it at Barnes & Noble? Does anyone know where I can find this magazine?

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...&SRT=A&SAT=701

Author: Chris Brown (209.77.217.---)

Date: 10-08-02 16:47

Go to www.esquire.com click on "The magazine"

I printed out the article directly from the website.

Author: Erica Stolzenberg (---.atlnga1.dsl-verizon.net)

Date: 10-08-02 19:00

Thanks Chris! It wasn't updated earlier today when I checked their website! They still had October 2002 up! Here is the link to the article:

http://www.esquire.com/features/arti...e_heart_1.html

Author: Tom (---.eosinc.com)

Date: 10-08-02 20:54

Only thing is, the link to that online article is for the heart attack talk, but not the HCM section of the feature. I did a search on "hypertrophic" on their site and come up with nothing. Not certain, but you may have to buy the magazine to get all of the articles, including the HCM section.

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-08-02 21:14

Is there a feature...I was told there was one coming and the HCMA is on the website with a link and all...but it was just a piece on less invasive procedures... I guess I have to buy a paper copy.

I'll pick it up in the morning.

Lisa

Date: 10-08-02 22:10

Thanks Tom. Hopfuly the November issue will be on the stands tomorrow! They only had the October issue after all my hunting!

Lisa ... there is a link on the Esquire website for the HCMA. It is on the right side in a section that contains the following information:

MORE HEART RESOURCES

Calculate your own risk of heart attack (first link below), then visit these other sites for more information on the state of your heart.

The Heart-Attack Predictor

The Cleveland Clinic Heart Center

The American Heart Association

The Texas Heart Institute

The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association

A Step-by-Step Guide to Your Caridac Catheterization

__________________________________________________ ___________

http://www.esquire.com/features/arti...e_heart_1.html

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 10-09-02 00:23

FYI:

Subscribers get their magazines before they hit the newsstands. The November issue of Esquire should be at every major bookstore and so on by the middle of October.

S

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 10-09-02 17:25

I read it this morning... it is a rather nice article and the facts are very good. We did get the website mentioned in the printed version as well as the link... so we may be finding some new friends soon!

Lisa

Date: 10-09-02 22:08

It must be such an incredible article because I can't find the magazine anywhere! I just drove around relentlessly for the past hour only to return home empty handed! Guess it's true when they say the south is "slow!" :0)

Author: Erica (---.atlnga1.dsl-verizon.net)

Date: 10-12-02 19:22

Sorry to keep posting ... but, I still can't find the Novermber issue on anyone's shelves. I hope one of these stores gets it in soon! If I have to see Jennifer Aniston's face on another October 2002 issue I am going to scream! Just kidding! As soon as I see the words "Esquire" I get so excited and then there she is staring back at me saying, "ee heee!" I know ... I am silly! Good thing we still have another day before the weekend is up! Hope you are all well. Smile : )
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X