If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off to MN and the Summit on HCM!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to MN and the Summit on HCM!

[Off to MN and the Summit on HCM!]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-03-02 14:02

Ok everyone - Both Sarah and I will be out of town for the next few days at the HCM Summit. If anyone has an urgent need on Friday you can call 973-334-2400 x361 - Pam Sinclair - and let her know your calling about the HCMA and need to find me...she will get in touch with me.

Otherwise your on your own until Monday. Take care of each other!

Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Off to MN and the Summit on HCM!]

Author: Julie Petitpas (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 10-04-02 09:00

Lisa,

Is there a way that anyone can go to these meetings in the future?

Sincerly,

Julie Petitpas

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.n-usslc10.stsn.com)

Date: 10-04-02 17:39

Dear Julie

Please visit Futuraco.com to see the information on this meeting. It is called the International Summit II on HCM and Sudden Death Prevention in Young Athlete's. This is a doctor's convention on HCM which is very, very different than the HCMA's Annual Meeting which is for patients and families and will be held next June in NJ. More info on the annual meeting will appear on the web site as it approaches.

This medical convention is in "doctorese" and is only held every four years (maybe two, but I'm not solid on that). It is expensive, too.

We will be distilling the info for HCMA members into the next newsletter and inot the web site updates. ALso, if you like reading hard research, Futuraco will publish a book of the papers presented here in about 9 months.

trust me, buy the book!

S

Author: Pat (---.d00832.dlup.digitaldune.net)

Date: 10-04-02 22:13

Dear Sarah,

I would be VERY interested in buying the book. Is there a way to get on a notification list from Futuro when it is published? Or will you & Lisa be telling us via the Board?

Whether it is related to the beta-blocker or age, I don't trust my memory to bring this up again next June or so!

I hope you're having a good time, learning a lot, & teaching the docs a lot, too!

Pat

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.n-usslc13.stsn.com)

Date: 10-05-02 00:01

Dear Pat,

I'm on a beta-blocker too, so I'll write this down to ask futuraco about.

S

Author: Pat (---.d00832.dlup.digitaldune.net)

Date: 10-05-02 00:14

Thanks, Sarah!
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X