If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back from Mayo

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Mayo

[Back from Mayo]

Author: Midge Rollins (---.obmo.socket.net)

Date: 10-03-02 07:07

Thank you everyone for your notes, prayers and thoughts. I spent 2 days in the hospital and have now met with the heart transplant folks. Our house sold while we were there and we have to give possession Oct. 28. Needless to say it has been a very emotional whirlwind week. I go back to Rochester middle of November for extensive testing (the rest of you has to be healthy for a transplant).

At that point it will be determined on which of the 3 levels I will be placed. Meanwhile they tweaked my pacer and are hopeful it will help my sob. As a long time HCM patient, I am viewing this as a rut in the road. I have always been and will continue to be a proponent of organ donation. Very sad the percentage of people waiting versus those actually getting. I will keep you posted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Back from Mayo]

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 10-03-02 09:27

Dear Midge,

Well, with all of the HCMA praying for you to get a new heart, it can't be too far away, can it?

We are all behind you and can appreciate what a hard road you are on. Not that HCM gives you a choice, but don't forget to take good care of yourself and remember to breathe, and cry, and hire the movers to pack for you! (I can't tell you what a wonderful thing it is to have a full house disappear into boxes before you eyes without touching a thing!!!)

take care and keep us posted,

Sarah

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-03-02 13:58

You bring up a good point. My sister was an organ donor (liver & kidneys). Please let your families know your wishes regarding organ donation even if you have signed your donor card-- it only takes one family member to say NO to stop the process.

We have had many heart transplant recipients in the HCMA overwhelmingly they do well. We will be thinking of you and hoping you are blessed with a new heart soon.

Many wonderful things happen from support.. one is a positive attitude about your future... that will make a big difference in your recovery! Keep smiling and those days you feel like crying...stop by and see us we will cheer you up!

All the best!

Lisa

Author: chuck B (---.58.32.65.Dial1.Baltimore1.Level3.net)

Date: 10-03-02 18:08

Midge, I hope all goes well and that the rest of you is healthy enough for a transplant. I have a neighbor who waited 8 months but it was worth it - he is now back to teaching. Keep me/us informed, I may be going down that road in the future but for now I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

Take care,

Chuck
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X